Dealing with afterglow

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
name_pending
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: i care a lot about things
Primary language: English
Pronouns: ze/hir
Sexual identity: genderqueer butch

Dealing with afterglow

Unread post by name_pending »

Okay. So last time I sent a thing here, it was about not being able to feel good after masturbating. So, it turns out that was a sign of my depression being really bad. Which... well, isn't great, but at least now I can feel satisfied after!

The problem is, sometimes I'm going about my day-to-day life and DON'T want to be horny. I know this might sound a bit world's smallest violin, but after I masturbate there's normally a really strong afterglow that just. Feels really good and great and warm, and is nice, but sometimes I just don't want to have to deal with that.

Is there a quick way to stop feeling like that after masturbating, if I'm in a sexy mood and masturbate and than decide I want to not be in that mood anymore?
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: Dealing with afterglow

Unread post by Latha »

Hi there, name_pending,

Oh no- it is good that you have an explanation and that you can feel satisfied now, but I'm sorry your depression was really bad!

If you want that afterglow to go away sooner, maybe you could try switching to another activity- you could take a cool bath, exercise, or play a game that requires your focus. The idea is to push yourself into an activity that will have the effect of... waking you up, in a sense.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic