Desire to converse about masturbation!

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Ginger!!
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her

Desire to converse about masturbation!

Unread post by Ginger!! »

Hi! I’m 14 years old & I first wanted to start off with saying that this website is absolutely rad! I love it & I’ve been browsing it for about 2 hours, so informative! Anyway I wanted to ask about my sexual journey involving masturbation. I have always had a very healthy & pleasurable relationship when it came to masturbating. I feel I’m hornier than most girls my age which is fine with me. I’m very open about it & I’m down to educate anyone! (Almost a masturbation advocate haha) Though I feel I’m a bit ahead of everyone, which I know is silly to compare because everyone is different, but I’m still genuinely curious! I’ve been touching myself since I was young, I’ve recently been experimenting more & I’ve realized that I love talking & advocating with anything masturbation! The thing is people don’t really talk about it (at least in my group.) i feel kinda freaky,i know I’m not, but I really do desire to hear other peoples experiences. I guess I’ve always been mature in every category involving life, so I guess it’s fair that my sexual journey is a little further down the road then other people my age. Though this got me thinking, is this somesort of kink?? I don’t get turned on or anything I just simply love talking to people about it (obviously only if boundaries are set & everyone is comfortable.)

Anyway thank you for reading! I have two more questions though! What is it called when I get turned on by the thought of my crush jerking off? I don’t hear of this “kink” or “fantasy” often but it really turns me on. ALSO the idea of masturbating with a partner, i find two people sharing pleasure together to be so beautiful & vulnerable, what is it called when two people masturbate together? Thank you!!! Hope your day is going good :)
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: Desire to converse about masturbation!

Unread post by Latha »

Hi Ginger, welcome to the boards!

Thank you for the compliments, I will pass them on to the rest of the team here! I think it is great that you have a healthy and pleasurable relationship with masturbation and that you feel comfortable talking about it.

Is wanting to talk about masturbation and hear about other people's experiences a kind of kink? I don't think it is, necessarily. People use the word 'kink' to talk about certain sexual practices and behaviors that are seen as being non-conventional or non-normative in some way. You've mentioned that you don't get turned on by these discussions, so it doesn't seem like your interest is sexual. This topic is important to you, so it isn't strange that you want to talk about it and hear what other people have to say.

About your last questions: I can't think of a specific term for the experience of getting turned on by the thought of someone else masturbating, though I know it isn't unusual. But you can refer to the activity of masturbating with a partner as 'mutual masturbation'.
I guess I’ve always been mature in every category involving life, so I guess it’s fair that my sexual journey is a little further down the road then other people my age.
I get what you mean by this. Still, we should remember that there isn't any one road that people have to take. For example, some people might not be interested in masturbating at all- this would not mean that they are behind on their journey.
Ginger!!
not a newbie

Thank for providing that prospective in the last bit of writing it’s a great point!!

Eeeek I’m so happy I’m here! I appreciate you guys, thanks for the response.
Chocolate Moose
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Confidence
Pronouns: He/him
Sexual identity: Straight

Unread post by Chocolate Moose »

I think what the original poster is trying to get at is that she seems to have more maturity than her friends to be able to talk about it. She doesn't know how to bring it up if at with them. That's the problem masturbation is considered a taboo subject. Why though? Virtually everyone does it. Why is it that girls can't talk about it as much as guys can? It's hard to know when you can be open about things and when not.
Ginger!!
not a newbie

Hi! Yes that’s what I was trying to get at. But I totally understand why it isnt talked about. Masturbation is so so intimate & should only be talked about if there are boundaries & if the person/people are/is trusted! It isn’t typically a common subject that people are open about & i respect that! Thank you for your reply & I also do agree with the taboo part of your post, it’s really unfortunate & honestly & little sad..
Lydia0001
not a newbie
Pronouns: she

Unread post by Lydia0001 »

I can understand that you are an early bloomer, I can also understand the desire to find out diferent experiences from different people around you, that is NATURAL, I can say that I'm a late bloomer but I love talking to people on that subject, I think it should be more accepted in our society that we should talk about that and inform the younglings

Take care
Chocolate Moose
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Confidence
Pronouns: He/him
Sexual identity: Straight

Unread post by Chocolate Moose »

I think the big problem is that it's not always spoken about by adults in sex education classes or parents in general. It wasn't in mine. Adults also seem squeamish about it because they think of it as a sexual thing when it's not always really. People do it for different reasons and usually, because it feels good or relieves tension if young. It's too bad people can't talk about it and get the message that it's normal, not gross and that most people do it. It's a problem because people find out about it through friends or online and don't get correct info unless through a site like this. This is, of course, a private activity and you have to know friends well to be able to discuss it. My mom was unphased about this with me and my siblings because she runs a daycare where it's common and dealt with properly and with tack. There needs to be normalcy about it and dialogue.
Ginger!!
not a newbie

Yes! You worded this perfectly. I appreciate your input & reassurance. I also really enjoyed your points, thanks for replying!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic