Condom base rolled up a bit during sex and I’m stressing.

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Runmelon51
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I work hard everyday!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Condom base rolled up a bit during sex and I’m stressing.

Unread post by Runmelon51 »

Okay so I just started becoming sexually active and have had sex three separate times. I’m not on BC but we do use condoms and after the first two times I used plan b just as a precaution. The last time we had sex was 5 days ago and though the condom didn’t break or anything the base rolled up a little bit. I’m just nervous since he came in the condom and stayed inside for a couple of seconds that sperm could have dripped down and got inside of me. I was on my period and I honestly wasn’t turned on so I wasn’t really “lubed” up so I don’t know if that would have an effect. After this time I didn’t take plan b but I’m just so nervous. I’m getting on BC soon but I’m scared I’m going to have to take a pregnancy test and it will be positive. All the times we have had sex I was on my period (I know that’s gross 😭), we used a condom every time and it didn’t break, and the first two times I used plan b. I think what I’m really looking for is opinions on how worried I should be. I regret not taking plan b and I’m just so stressed.
Ellie
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I am a fat liberationist! 💪
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: Queer, aspec, kinky

Re: Condom base rolled up a bit during sex and I’m stressing.

Unread post by Ellie »

Hi Runmelon51,

Welcome to the boards!

Based on what you're describing, the chance that you could be pregnant is very low. Condom slippages are only a problem if they slip completely off, partly off or most of the way down the penis, but it is safest for him to withdraw before ejaculation. Because you had sex during your period, (not gross at all!) that lowers your risk even further. If you're still worried, emergency contraception is most effective within 3 days of having sex, but can be used up to 5 days after.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic