Songs to Cry Your Guts Out To

If it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, this is probably the place for it.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Songs to Cry Your Guts Out To

Unread post by Heather »

Working today, the song that I always went to a lot of my teens when I just really needed to cry my guts out, and either needed some help shaking that out, or just felt like often "matched" my pain and hurt while I was in a bad space randomly came on my shuffle. (New Order's "Elegia," should anyone be curious.)

Seriously, that song probably saved my life a whole bunch of time, per just making feel like I had permission and company to let some of the hard feelings out that would have imploded or exploded in bad ways had they been kept all locked up inside. It was my broken heart's power jam.

Do you have one (or more) of these?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Kaizen
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I've kept a journal for thirteen years so far
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Re: Songs to Cry Your Guts Out To

Unread post by Kaizen »

The first that comes to mind is one from my dark period a couple years ago: Fade, by Staind. It puts to words and music the feeling of not having anywhere to let your emotions out because no one will listen. And there's a little positivity in there too.
(Of course what I was upset about was a guy not listening to me about the fact that we should be in a relationship... which was because we'd discussed it already and he'd decided against it. So not the most valid thing in the world. But it would apply much better to situations where the not-listening was actually unreasonable and mean.)
solareclipse94
not a newbie
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Pansexual
Location: in a house, on a road, in a town, in a state, in a country, on Earth

Re: Songs to Cry Your Guts Out To

Unread post by solareclipse94 »

The only one that comes to mind is "Forgettable" by Project 46 ft. Olivia. I was going through a tough time. So i posted something on my instagram story and one of my friends replied to it saying he had some good songs to listen to. and he sent them to me and "Forgettable" was one of them. I seriously bawled when I heard that song.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic