Thank You

If it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, this is probably the place for it.
sexpositivity94
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My Open-mindedness. Try Me. :D
Primary language: English (American)
Pronouns: she/her/hers
Sexual identity: Predominantly Hetero/Cis Girl

Thank You

Unread post by sexpositivity94 »

This message board is mainly for questions from people asking for help. I wanted to start a thread thanking the people at Scarleteen for the work they do. Maybe whoever posts here can state what Scarleteen means to them, and what the site and the people have helped them with in their lives?

I'll start.

Thank you so much to the advice-givers, the question-answerers, and the article-writers. HUGE thanks to Heather Corinna.

I discovered this site about a year or so ago. This is the site that really spurred me to become involved in the sex-positive, gender inclusive community. I have joined clubs and met friends (mainly in college) because of this site. I have found answers to numerous questions- some I didn't even know I had! Most importantly, I learned to take control of and great pleasure in my sexuality outside a relationship. Before this site, I was ok with it- there wasn't anything wrong with it per se, but it was really take it or leave it. Now its awesome! This site gave me the courage to buy a vibrator. Not to get into too much detail, but wow. Thats it- wow. I also feel like I will be so much more prepared and at ease when I start having sexual relationships with another person- or people. I even partially credit this site with helping me decide on my current major in college- Women's and Gender Studies!

You are a help-line, tip-line, fun-line, and life-line for countless people- myself included!

Keep being AWESOME!

Thank you.
Emma
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My love of travel and exploration!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Don't use any :)

Re: Thank You

Unread post by Emma »

I second the thank-you!
"What happens when people open their hearts? They get better." — Haruki Murakami
Karyn
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I collect condoms.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Thank You

Unread post by Karyn »

What lovely, lovely things to say. Thank you for such a wonderful thank you!
"Where there is power, there is resistance." -Michel Foucault
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic