What is something you like about yourself?

If it doesn't seem to fit anywhere else, this is probably the place for it.
Gluggaveður
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I try.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: any
Sexual identity: greyromantic, sapphic, asexual, genderfluid

What is something you like about yourself?

Unread post by Gluggaveður »

Hello there! I know I and many others on this site have suffered from self-esteem issues in the past. I've been feeling pretty bad about myself lately, which is rough. My therapist told me that it might help to think about something I like about myself, and I thought I'd come here to see if it could help anyone else.

It doesn't have to be anything big if you're not ready for that. Hell, I'm not ready for that yet. The little things matter too. Even if you just like the way your hair looks today, even if you just like how you painted your nails last week — that's valid and that's awesome.

Here I go: I got myself a binder recently! Ever since then, I can pass a lot better and it feels amazing. I like how androgynous I can look when I want to.

Your turns :)
Nicole
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: EN, ES, RU, UA
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: What is something you like about yourself?

Unread post by Nicole »

Hi Gluggaveður,

This is a really wonderful post, thank you for bringing so much positivity to the boards! It's great to hear that you got a binder and that it's making you feel more comfortable in your skin. As for myself, I get my nails done every month as part of self-care and I really loved how they turned out this month. They're sky blue but have this chromatic stuff rubbed onto them so they're really shiny. They kind of remind me of Cinderella or something. I feel like painting my nails helps me keep in touch with my feminity. Thank you again for sharing this with us!
holidayfromreal
Awesomeness Quotient: i'm a good singer :)
Primary language: en, learning fr
Pronouns: they/she/glitch/dream
Sexual identity: bisexual, non-binary, yamikawaiigender

Unread post by holidayfromreal »

my singing skills. i love singing jack's mannequin and exo songs :)
dark blue, dark blue
have you ever been alone in a crowded room
when I'm here with you?
i said the world could be burning, burning down
dark blue, dark blue
have you ever been alone in a crowded room?
well, I'm here with you
Amanda B
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm an excellent cook!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: still figuring it out

Unread post by Amanda B »

Hey everyone,

What a joyful post! Practicing gratitude, especially towards myself, has certainly not been the easiest thing in the past. When I am able to do it, it's so warming and affirming. Something I like about myself is how I can get creative with food in my kitchen. While I love practicing new recipes and buying all the fun ingredients, I also find it super rewarding when I'm low on groceries and need to get creative with what's on hand. It's such a lovely experience to take some time to make a tasty, nurturing meal for my body.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic