Remembering

Questions and discussion about sexual or other abuse or assault, and support and help for survivors.
Forum rules
This area of the boards is expressly for support and help for those who are currently in or have survived abuse or assault. It is also for those seeking information or discussion about abuse or assault. Please make every effort in this space to be supportive and sensitive. Posts in this area may or do describe abuse or assault explicitly.

This area of the boards is also not an area where those who are themselves abusing anyone or who have abused or assaulted someone may post about doing that or seek support. We are not qualified to provide that kind of help, and that also would make a space like this feel profoundly unsafe for those who are being or who have been abused. If you have both been abused and are abusing, we can only discuss harm done to you: we cannot discuss you yourself doing harm to others. If you are someone engaging in abuse who would like help, you can start by seeking out a mental healthcare provider.
The_butterfly
Awesomeness Quotient: my talents
Primary language: English
Pronouns: her/she
Sexual identity: asexual

Remembering

Unread post by The_butterfly »

When I was younger I was molesested by my best friends older brother over the course of a year. I had fprgotten it previously but it has been brought to the front of my brain. Is there anyway I can get over it so I won't keep getting nightmares and flashbacks?
Onionpie
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Absolutely Everything
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: fluid

Re: Remembering

Unread post by Onionpie »

Hi The_butterfly, welcome to Scarleteen! I am so sorry to hear that this awful situation happened to you. Unfortunately, there is no quick-n-easy fix to being sexually abused or assaulted, healing from the incident does take time. Do you have anyone in your life who you feel safe talking to about this? School counsellors or trusted teachers are an excellent resource, or if you're able to look into counselling outside of school that would also be a great option. Having a professional who is trained in helping people heal from this kind of thing can be a huge benefit.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic