Is it worth it?

Questions and discussions about relationships: girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, partners, friends, family or other intimate relationships in your lives.
kindascared
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: my artistic abilities
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Is it worth it?

Unread post by kindascared »

Hello!
So, I've had my boyfriend for a couple months now. We haven't told each other "I love you" or anything like that, but I really do enjoy being around him. And most of the time, I think he enjoys my company.
He's a year younger than me (18), and still in high school. So it makes things a little difficult considering I'm dealing with a whole other world with college. But we still make time to see each other.
But once he's finished with high school, he's going to go off to college while I'm stuck here.
Is it worth it to continue this?

Also, my family has someone in mind that they would love for me to meet.
His father and my father have been best friends for years. He's 4 years older than me and has his career already. He expressed interest in seeing me. And it's making me have conflicted feelings, because I already have this great guy in my life. But what if things don't work out with him?

I'm very conflicted.
Ashleah
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: "I'm a woman phenomenally"
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Straight

Re: Is it worth it?

Unread post by Ashleah »

Hi Kindascared,

Have you all talked about this any? If not, I recommend starting there. Things you might want to discuss are what the relationship would look like, expectations as far as communication and spending time with one another, or if either of you even want a long distance relationship at all. A relationship won't always look the same, even for people who have been together a very long time or who are living in the same place. There are many shifts and changes, which is completely fine and expected. It is possible he is also starting to think about these things, but the only way to find out is by having a conversation or two.

I might be reading too much into this (and tell me if I'm wrong), but distance isn't the only, or maybe even, main concern about a LDR?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic