Anyone else have no friends or dates?

Questions and discussions about relationships: girlfriends, boyfriends, lovers, partners, friends, family or other intimate relationships in your lives.
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm smart
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual

Anyone else have no friends or dates?

Unread post by 8888 »

So I'm 22 but I don't have any friends and I've never been on a date. I have some challenges which make relationships hard. Does anyone else not have any friends or not date? How do you cope? I'm so lonely.
Laima
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I like to salsa dance
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Straight/Cis Female

Re: Anyone else have no friends or dates?

Unread post by Laima »

Hey 8888,

As someone who goes to an online high school, most of my friends live in different states, and some even in different countries! As a result, I can't hang out with many of them, but we primarily talk on Facebook or through email. Also, I have never been on a date either.

Basically, I cope by trying to find events or others places where I get a chance to socialize. For example, my community hosts outdoor dances every other Friday in the spring and summer, and they give me a chance to meet new people. Also, taking martial arts classes, volunteering at my local animal shelter, and working at my job have allowed me to meet people.

Lastly, I remind myself that I am a kind, interesting person, and lacking a big group of friends does not change that. :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic