3 methods of birth control?

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
Kzzoos
Primary language: English
Pronouns: They/Them
Sexual identity: Pansexual

3 methods of birth control?

Unread post by Kzzoos »

Hi! I've currently begun to be sexually active with my boyfriend, and I'm on the pill (been on it for 5 months, never threw up or had any medicine that could interfere, always take it at the same time, with only 2 occasions where I was around 2 hrs late), and we always use condoms (put them in before any skin to skin contact, never leaked or broke) and he withdraws perfectly everytime. However, I cant find any information on how effective those 3 methods are together. So, what would be the statistics of failure and success for these 3 methods combined?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: 3 methods of birth control?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Kzzoos,

You may have seen this already, but this article offers the statistics on the effectiveness of combining different birth control methods: The Buddy System: Effectiveness Rates for Backing Up Your Birth Control With a Second Method. You're looking at around 98% effectiveness just from combining the pill with condoms, so you can figure adding withdrawal brings that effectiveness close to 100%.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic