Period

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
naturalway505
not a newbie
Primary language: English

Period

Unread post by naturalway505 »

I've heard that having a period doesn't actually mean you're not pregnant, and that you can still get a "period" while pregnant. Is it true? In what cases could this happen? And how often does this happen? Even if you just had sex some days before your period, it's still not 100% sure you're not pregnant? Sorry if I said something that makes no sense, I'm still learning. Thanks for any help in advance. =)
Redskies
previous staff/volunteer
Pronouns: they/them or she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer/pansexual

Re: Period

Unread post by Redskies »

By definition, a period is what happens when the body hasn't become pregnant in that cycle, so no, pregnant people don't have periods.

Sometimes - a minority of the time - pregnant people can have some random bleeding and spotting. It's very unlikely that this would seem like a period, because the chances of it being at about the time a period was expected, and being a similar amount to a usual period, and lasting a similar length of time as a period, are very small.

If someone's having something that seems like a period, it's a very big sign that they're not pregnant.

If you'd like more information, details and explanation on how this all works, check out On the Rag: A Guide to Menstruation
The kyriarchy usually assumes that I am the kind of woman of whom it would approve. I have a peculiar kind of fun showing it just how much I am not.
naturalway505
not a newbie

Re: Period

Unread post by naturalway505 »

Thank you! =)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic