How often do you feel desire?

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

How often do you feel desire?

Unread post by Sam W »

When I was in middle school, I thought I was really weird because I felt sexual desire for people very frequently. In my head, having my brain go "dang, he's sexy" or daydreaming about sex in class felt like something only boys did. Girls daydreamed about dates and relationships (I assumed). It wasn't until later that I realized that, odds are, the level of sexual desire I feel on any given day is probably average.

So, I wanted to make a thread where folks could discuss their own experiences with desire. Have you ever felt like you thought about sex "too much?" Or, conversely, do you feel like you think about sex or feel sexual desire less than the average person?
MusicNerd
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: my creativity
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: queer

Re: How often do you feel desire?

Unread post by MusicNerd »

This is a really interesting question, Sam!

Hmm, well.... I personally think I feel sexual desire "too much" or more than the average bear, especially for someone who's never gone past making out with anyone (which can make me judge myself at times, but I'm working on not doing that)... But idk, that's just me. haha :P
"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." ~Dr. Seuss
Nyako
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Pansexual, feminine androgyne

Unread post by Nyako »

I have to say, it varies for me - in a relationship, I feel it a lot, I have a relatively high libido. If I'm single, though, I'm not fazed at all - I just kind of ignore it. I don't know if that's weird? I don't tend to get sexually frustrated if sex isn't an option, if that makes sense!
Volleygirl22
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Can spike a volleyball, but am only 4'9"
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Les

Unread post by Volleygirl22 »

Right now...to be honest, a lot. But I'm trying to put that aside for now, because there's this guy I'm really interested in, but obviously I'm not gonna jump right into sex right away
magentakitty
not a newbie
Pronouns: she
Sexual identity: straight

Unread post by magentakitty »

lol it depends alot on the time of the month... before ovulation, sometimes i feel like i think about it several times a day... at others, not much at all!
Carmen
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: disco dancing on roller skates
Pronouns: she/her

Unread post by Carmen »

I think I feel desire a lot too - and I totally relate to what you said Sam, about it being something it often seems like only boys do. It feels much less normalized for women to feel a lot of desire and talk about it openly - which can totally make it feel like it is "too much desire"!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic