Question about condom and semen

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
hedjoss
not a newbie
Primary language: Spanish
Pronouns: he/him
Sexual identity: heterosexual

Question about condom and semen

Unread post by hedjoss »

Hello all over again Scarleteen.
Thanks for answering all my questions.

I have this question.

Semen in a condom still can produce a pregnancy?

The full question is like, if it never was penetration, just condom for oral and manual purposes, and then the male ejaculate, but for some reason the condom breaks (not inside of the vagina) and some of the semen falls in the vulva, still can produce a pregnancy?

Thank you so much Scarleteen ;)
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Question about condom and semen

Unread post by Heather »

If, condom or no condom, there is contact between semen and someone's vulva or vagina (who also has a uterus), that is what creates the possibility of a pregnancy.

If there is NOT contact between semen and the vulva/vagina -- again, condom or no condom -- then there is not a possibility of pregnancy.

Just know, however, that if this is about a pregnancy scare:

We will not answer ANY questions about pregnancy fear or anxiety in our direct services from users who are not pregnant or who are not or have not otherwise been directly involved with an actual pregnancy.

Please do not post this kind of question.

We CAN and WILL talk about things like:
• choosing and using a method or methods of contraception for any future sexual activity
• creating your own sexual limits and boundaries based on your needs and/or presenting them to any partners
• making sexual choices that suit your own needs, abilities and limitations, including your own readiness for certain possible risks
• help locating or using emergency contraception if and when you have had a pregnancy risk
• discussing options with a real, existing pregnancy, and help finding and accessing those options, such as abortion services and pre-natal care, or discussing feelings or concerns about a past pregnancy
• help with anxiety like locating mental health services, sound self-help or asking for support from friends or family

For help dealing with a scare (including what poses a risk and your next steps based on your unique situation), you may use our tool on site built for this purpose: The Pregnancy Panic Companion.
For help with anxiety, click here.
For related help and information at Scarleteen, click here.
If you would like more information about this policy, click here.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
hedjoss
not a newbie
Primary language: Spanish
Pronouns: he/him
Sexual identity: heterosexual

Unread post by hedjoss »

It is not a pregnancy scare question, I know about the policy.

But it only presents risk when there is direct contact with semen?
like penis to vulva, and I know about the old penis to broke condom inside the vagina to the vagina.

But this also account to penis to broke condom outside the vagina then the semen falls to de vulva?
Ashleah
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: "I'm a woman phenomenally"
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/Her
Sexual identity: Straight

Unread post by Ashleah »

We consider most questions on "how pregnancy occur" as a pregnancy scare post. Heather has already answered your question, what you are describing would not change that. I am going to lock this thread now as per our policy.
Locked Previous topicNext topic