anal sex and infections

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
cj4289
not a newbie
Pronouns: her

anal sex and infections

Unread post by cj4289 »

This is a very embarrassing question, so I'm just going to apologize in advance. my partner and I have been having anal sex for a few months now, and we normally begin anal sex without a condom. This is because condoms create fiction that makes anal sex very painful for me (even with lube). I'm not comfortable with him finishing that way so we always put on a condom and switch to vaginal sex. Is putting on a condom enough to protect me from getting a vaginal infection from the anal sex? Should I insist on wiping him down with wipes before we put on the condom and switch to vaginal sex? I wasn't very concerned, but I recently had an infection (most likely caused by medication) and it got me thinking.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: anal sex and infections

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi CJ4289,

A condom should help you avoid an infection, although if it makes you feel more comfortable for him to also clean off before hand, that's definitely an option. Since you're having unprotected sex, you'll also want to make sure you're staying consistent on the STI testing regime you've started.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic