Rash on Vulva???

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
purplepotato
Awesomeness Quotient: Maturity
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: no label

Rash on Vulva???

Unread post by purplepotato »

I've been noticing a red rash around the opening of my vagina. It is very itchy and burns, but vagisil seems to help temporarily. I thought maybe it was a latex allergy because it seems to show up about a day after I have sex, which is always with a condom. I haven't had sex in over a week and the rash is there again though. How do I know when I need to go to a doctor? My mom thought it was just a yeast infection, but it seems to be more than that. Help???
Amanda
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I ran a marathon!
Pronouns: she/her or they/them
Sexual identity: pansexual

Re: Rash on Vulva???

Unread post by Amanda »

Hi purplepotato,

Sounds like a visit to the doctor is your best bet right now. A yeast infection is likely, but if consistent use of over-the-counter products doesn't seem to be working, then it's time to see a doctor. If you were experiencing a latex allergy, symptoms would be showing up sooner than the next day after sex. A doctor can also screen for STIs, which could also be the culprit.

Feel better soon! :)
"We must not see any person as an abstraction. Instead, we must see in every person a universe with its own secrets, with its own treasures, with its own sources of anguish, and with some measure of triumph." -Elie Wiesel
Amanda
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I ran a marathon!
Pronouns: she/her or they/them
Sexual identity: pansexual

Re: Rash on Vulva???

Unread post by Amanda »

Also, please avoid double-posting. You can trust that we will see and respond to your post regardless of where or when you post it. Thanks!
"We must not see any person as an abstraction. Instead, we must see in every person a universe with its own secrets, with its own treasures, with its own sources of anguish, and with some measure of triumph." -Elie Wiesel
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic