possible infection?

Questions and discussion about contraception, safer sex, STIs, sexual healthcare and other sexual health issues.
diegoneedshelp
Awesomeness Quotient: That I play bass
Primary language: English/Spanish
Pronouns: He/him
Sexual identity: Gay Man

possible infection?

Unread post by diegoneedshelp »

hi :)
i’m a trans guy, and i noticed something that’s really off.
there’s bumps on my mons pubis, and i squeezed one (i know, i shouldn’t have) and a white discharge came out
today i noticed that my vaginal discharge smells quite foul…
some things to note:
i’ve never had unprotected sex
we always make sure that everything is safe and covered and that the condoms has not failed, and it hasn’t failed before
but my hands may have been unclean when i’ve masturbated, and that may be the reason…
help!!
Latha
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: possible infection?

Unread post by Latha »

Hi Diegoneedshelp,

Don't worry- whatever this is, it will be manageable. I have some questions: have you experienced any other notable sensations, like burning or itching? Does your discharge look different? Do you shave there?
diegoneedshelp

it does itch, and it doesn’t seem like i’m having much discharge today
it really itches a lot
and no, i don’t shave there
Nadine E.
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: she/her

Unread post by Nadine E. »

Hi there diegoneedshelp,

From what you’ve shared, it could be that the bumps and discharge on your mons pubis are a pimple or inflamed glans. This could be caused by something like folliculitis for instance, and can cause itchiness as well. It should usually go away on its own soon.

In terms of your discharge, sometimes there can be temporary imbalances or other reasons that the discharge won’t be ‘fresh’ in terms of odor, and this is something typical and temporary, rather than cause for concern. So if it’s passed now and you don’t notice it again soon then it could have just been that. But if you continue to notice a smell or color that is concerning you, then it would be important to get it checked if possible. This piece can be helpful to better understand discharge.

If the itchiness gets worse, or you notice other symptoms, it would also be helpful to get this checked. From what you’ve shared, it would be very unlikely that you’re experiencing an STI - though it’s unclear when you say that you’ve never had unprotected sex whether you’re referring to all types of sex or specifically sex that involves insertion (STIs can be transmitted through oral and manual sex as well through sharing sex toys if protection isn't also being used). But in any case, this could be vaginitis or an infection that is not specifically related to sex at all or anything you have necessarily done or not done. Most people with vaginas go through bacterial or yeast or other kinds of infections. You can read more about them here. So again, if symptoms get worse, then it would be important to get this checked.

How does that all sound?
diegoneedshelp

thank you so much for all the help!
it’s relieving to know this all now, thank you!😊
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic