Media: Want to connect with Scarleteen?
- For queries about print or internet interviews or quotes, or use of our data or observations for research, please contact Heather Corinna or Sam Wall.
- For queries from television and video, please contact Sam Wall.
- For queries about radio, podcasts or other media, or about the history of Scarleteen, please contact Heather Corinna.
We've a few hard limits:
- Due to a small but active amount of staff and resources, we lack the ability to do any travel for media without coverage of travel expenses. As well, we usually cannot participate in any media that requires a response or appearance from us within less than 48 hours.
- We will not share any personally identifying information about our readers or direct service users.
- We will not be part of any media in which young people are being shamed or demonized around sexuality (and you are asking or expecting us to get us on board with that). Also: screw you.
- We will not participate in any interviews or media in which the aim is to cultivate harassment against us or the people we serve. Also: screw you, too.
Who's been talking about sex education at Scarleteen?
Some organizations, magazines/newspapers, authors and others who have featured, suggested, advocated, included, cited from or linked to Scarleteen include:
Advocates for Youth • Alternet • The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) • Aradia Women's Health Center • The Association of Reproductive Health Professionals • The Baltimore City Paper • The Bay Area Reporter • Betty Dodson • Bitch magazine • The Body • Books Without Borders • The Brooklyn Public Library • BUST magazine • Cedar River Clinics • The Center for Parent/Youth Understanding • The Chicago Tribune • The Discovery Channel • Diversity Works • The Emma Goldman Clinic • Family Health International • Familiesaretalking.org • Feminist Women's Health Center • GLAAD • The Global Youth Network • Go Ask Alice • gURL.com • Head & Hands • Hip Mama • Horizons Unlimited • Illinois Coalition for School Health Centers • International Association for Adolescent Health • Inga Muscio • Sue Johanson • Ladyfest • The Librarian's Internet Index • Lunapads • Lyric • The Midwest Teen Sex Show • The Minneapolis City Pages • The Minnesota AIDS Project • The Minnesota Women's Press • Monday Magazine • The Montreal Mirror • MSNBC • The Nation • Branches of the National Organization for Women • National Women's Health Network • New Moon Media • Oregon Health & Science University • The Oxygen Network • Our Bodies, Ourselves & Our Bodies, Our Blog • Branches of Planned Parenthood • Pro-Choice Washington • Protectchoice.org • Pulse of the Twin Cities • The Rape Victim Advocacy Program • RHRealityCheck • Salon.com • The San Francisco Gate • San Francisco Sex Information • The San Francisco Weekly • Sex, Etc. • The Sexuality Information and Education Council of the United States (SIECUS) • Teen Voices • Test Positive Aware Network • UNICEF • The Village Voice • Josey Vogels • Wikipedia • Wired News • The Women's Legal Education and Action Fund
Some books and papers which have included or cited Scarleteen in their content, bibliographies or resource lists:
50 Facts That Should Change the World • 101 Questions About Sex and Sexuality: With Answers for the Curious • Adolescent Health Care: A Practical Guide • An Ye Harm None: Magic Morality and Modern Ethics • Come Out and Win: Organizing Yourself, Your Community, and Your World • Dilemmas of Desire: Teenage Girls Talk About Sexuality • Fight Like a Girl: How to be a Fearless Feminist • Girls Gone Mild • The Good Vibrations Guide to Sex: The Most Complete Sex Manual Ever Written • In Love and In Danger: A Teen's Guide to Breaking Free of Abusive Relationships • In Their Own Words: LGBT Youth Writing the World Wide Web • Invisible Girls: The Truth About Sexual Abuse • Naked on the Internet: Hookups, Downloads, and Cashing in on Internet Sexploration • An Overview of the Role of Sexual Health Organizations, Corporations, and Government in Determining Content and Access to Online Sexuality Education for Adolescents • Rainbow Pages: A National Resource Guide for Providers Serving Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, and Transgender Youth • Raising Teenagers: Secrets of High-Performance Parenting • The Real Truth about Teens & Sex • Review of Interactive Safer Sex Web Sites: Practice and Potential • Sex with the Lights On: 200 Illuminating Sex Questions Answered • The Ultimate Guide to Sex and Disability • Urban Tantra: Sacred Sex for the Twenty-First Century • When Living Hurts • The Whole Lesbian Sex Book: A Passionate Guide for All of Us