Does it have to go in deep to result in pregnancy?

tina asks:

I would like to know if shallow penetration can get one pregnant, or does only deep penetration make one pregnant?

No, the penis does not have to penetrate far to result in pregnancy. There have been cases where pregnancies resulted with no penetration at all. All that needs to happen is sperm must get to the ovum (egg). Simply spilling fertile semen on the vulva can be enough to allow sperm to enter the woman's body. Once the sperm get inside, they can make their way up through the uterus and Fallopian tubes toward the ovum, and thus conception!

Therefore, if you intend to prevent pregnancy, the male needs to keep his penis covered with a condom during ALL genital contact. Pre-ejaculatory fluid can contain sperm, too, so it is important to keep all sexual fluids from exchanging during sexual play.

For more info, please read:

written 05 Nov 2007 . updated 05 Nov 2007

(January, 2003) Enough people don't talk about abortion. Too many people don't listen to those who do. I'm not talking about conceptually or hypothetically. I'm not talking about discussing this...
We talk a lot about sexual safety and safer sex here at Scarleteen in terms of your physical health. But what about checking in to see if sex is safe for you and yours emotionally? Taking care of...