Does it have to go in deep to result in pregnancy?

tina asks:

I would like to know if shallow penetration can get one pregnant, or does only deep penetration make one pregnant?

No, the penis does not have to penetrate far to result in pregnancy. There have been cases where pregnancies resulted with no penetration at all. All that needs to happen is sperm must get to the ovum (egg). Simply spilling fertile semen on the vulva can be enough to allow sperm to enter the woman's body. Once the sperm get inside, they can make their way up through the uterus and Fallopian tubes toward the ovum, and thus conception!

Therefore, if you intend to prevent pregnancy, the male needs to keep his penis covered with a condom during ALL genital contact. Pre-ejaculatory fluid can contain sperm, too, so it is important to keep all sexual fluids from exchanging during sexual play.

For more info, please read:

written 05 Nov 2007 . updated 05 Nov 2007

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about the specifics of what it is we do here, about how it is I define what our aims are, and about what it means to be a comprehensive, feminist sex...
Stat: As many as one in ten Americans have HPV, and some studies show that at least one-third of all sexually active young adults have genital HPV infections. It is often stated that more than half...