Does it have to go in deep to result in pregnancy?

tina asks:

I would like to know if shallow penetration can get one pregnant, or does only deep penetration make one pregnant?

No, the penis does not have to penetrate far to result in pregnancy. There have been cases where pregnancies resulted with no penetration at all. All that needs to happen is sperm must get to the ovum (egg). Simply spilling fertile semen on the vulva can be enough to allow sperm to enter the woman's body. Once the sperm get inside, they can make their way up through the uterus and Fallopian tubes toward the ovum, and thus conception!

Therefore, if you intend to prevent pregnancy, the male needs to keep his penis covered with a condom during ALL genital contact. Pre-ejaculatory fluid can contain sperm, too, so it is important to keep all sexual fluids from exchanging during sexual play.

For more info, please read:

written 05 Nov 2007 . updated 05 Nov 2007

Stat: About 1 out of every 250 people in the United States carries the HIV virus according to current estimates, and women are the group hardest hit globally by HIV and AIDS. What is it exactly? HIV...
The first time I had consensual, opposite-sex vaginal intercourse was when I was around 16, with my boyfriend at the time, who was 15. I'd had previous sexual abuse in my past, and for years before...