Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Emergencies and Crises » freaking out :(

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: freaking out :(
limesparxx
Neophyte
Member # 33699

Icon 9 posted      Profile for limesparxx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so I had been on ortho tri-cyclen lo for seven months when I switched (without any days skipped) into Yaz. I'm in the very last week, with only about one pill to go until the four inert pills. For some reason, I've had difficulty remembering to take my Yaz pills, and last week, I missed my wednesday pill. I remembered early the next morning, and took it then. My packet says that missing one pill doesn't compromise effectiveness. However, then I missed a pill again saturday, and took it the next morning. It's not "two missed pills in a row" but in the same week..and I'm wondering if I should be worried?? My boyfriend and I have had only-pill-protected sex so if the pill hasn't lately been effective...I need to know! please, should I be worried?
Posts: 18 | From: USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Even though your pills weren't two in a row, they were within days of each other; i would consider your protection to be compromised this month and use a backup method (ie, condoms).

Do you forget pills often? If so, you may want to consider switching methods (ie, the patch, the nuvaring, etc).

--------------------
Nursing is a work of heart!
~ unknown

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
limesparxx
Neophyte
Member # 33699

Icon 3 posted      Profile for limesparxx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you very much for responding [Smile] As for missing pills, well no, I'm normally very good about it...been on the pill seven months and these were the first two times that happened...
I've been doing some research through the posts on your site (I really do try to find posts similar to mine) and according to what I've read, I might be wrong in that my pills were late, not missed.
I take my pills at 9-11 pm usually,for the first pill, I took it at 6am the next morning, and the second pill I took at 11am. So they were <12 hours late not 24 hours which I read Heather saying is considered missed. But I had condomless sex a day after the pills were missed. I just remembered and wanted to add all that information, if it makes a difference :/

Posts: 18 | From: USA | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.