Donate Now

Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » EXPERT ADVICE » Ask Scarleteen » a little worried

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: a little worried
carolinagirl1989
Neophyte
Member # 36884

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carolinagirl1989     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi I am new here. I have a quick question. I had a very low pregnancy scare last week so I took EC 48 hours after the scare. A week later I am having a slightly brownish discharge. Is this a normal symptom of EC or is this implementation bleeding?

Thank you so much. What an amazing site!

Posts: 4 | From: NC | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Implantation bleeding would be extremely light spotting. It would also occur, as the name implies, at implantation, and not more than two weeks after the risk.

Sounds like you're experiencing the most common symptom of EC: wierd bleeding. EC very often affects the menstrual cycle, so some brownish discharge is perfectly normal.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carolinagirl1989
Neophyte
Member # 36884

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carolinagirl1989     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This actually occurred last week. So I don't understand. Implantation bleeding occurs 2 weeks AFTER the risk?
Posts: 4 | From: NC | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Implantation bleeding occurs when the fertilized egg implants. So this would occur at most about a week after the risk. But in any event, it's extremely rare and very, very light. So, no, you're NOT experiencing implantation bleeding.

Your bleeding sounds like a side effect from the EC.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carolinagirl1989
Neophyte
Member # 36884

Ok I understand our mis communication. My scare occurred 9 days ago. I look the EC 7 days ago. So this is could not be the fertalized egg?

Second question. what is the difference in appearance between a discharge and spotting? Would spotting look more like a little period?

Again...wow thank you for the quick response!

September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

You took the EC fairly soon after the risk, so it's really not likely at all that you're pregnant. I really wouldn't worry.

Spotting would be very small amounts of blood. Likely not even enough to make you want to wear a panty liner.

But really, analyzing your bleeding is a moot point, as it's not implantation bleeding. The most common side effect of EC is spotting or other irregular bleeding, so that's probably what you're seeing.

If you want to be 110% sure that you're not pregnant, you can take a test at 10-14 days after the risk.

[ 02-05-2008, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: September ]

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

carolinagirl1989
Neophyte
Member # 36884

ok. thank you so much...im not even sure how much of a risk i even had. my boyfriend was fingering me. he had his pants on and never touched himself. he had a little splotch of pre ejaculate on his pants. my worry is he may have lightly grazed it while he was touching me. would this amount of sperm/lack there of create a viable pregnancy risk?
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Nope. You didn't even have a pregnancy risk. For a risk to occur, you need genital contact. At the most, fingering could possibly have created a risk if his fingers had been literally dripping with semen. Possibly slightly touching a tiny spot of pre-cum is not enough by a seriously long shot. There was no risk, and no need for EC.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
browneyes1989/soccersarah/carolinagirl1989,

Don't think for a second that we don't know who you are. We can track IPs, and we know from your emails and birthdate that you are one person.

Continue to abuse the boards in this manner and we will be forced to report this abuse to your internet service provider.

--------------------
Nursing is a work of heart!
~ unknown

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.