Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:12 pm
- Age: 13
- Preferred pronouns: She/her
- Location: Uh, America
So 2 days ago my period was due
3 days ago i started getting brown clots and some discharge, now im starting to just have brown when i wipe and some sticky brown clots, is this normal..?
- scarleteen staff/volunteer
- Posts: 121
- Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2021 8:28 pm
- Age: 25
- Awesomeness Quotient: I love to cook!
- Primary language: English
- Preferred pronouns: she/they
- Sexual identity and orientation: pansexual
- Location: Boston, MA
It’s very common for people who menstruate to have some brown clots and discharge. The “brown” is just old blood that your body is pushing out, and it’s a normal part of the menstrual cycle.
But, if the clots feel abnormally large, or if you are experiencing abnormal pain or other abnormal symptoms, you could check in with your doctor.