Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
- not a newbie
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Wed Jan 27, 2021 11:47 am
- Age: 14
- Awesomeness Quotient: nothing
- Primary language: english
- Preferred pronouns: he/him
- Sexual identity and orientation: hetero
- Location: Canada, ON
I'm 14 getting circumcised soon and I was wondering if one of the benefits that could come from this is getting rid of my pearly penile papules? The reason I think it might is because I don't have my foreskin protecting them anymore.
Btw this is not the reason I'm getting circumcised.
- scarleteen staff/volunteer
- Posts: 692
- Joined: Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:10 am
- Age: 31
- Awesomeness Quotient: I ask ALLLLL the questions
- Primary language: English
- Preferred pronouns: she/her
- Sexual identity and orientation: Figuring it out
- Location: UK
The short answer is no, there isn't any evidence to suggest that circumcision will make pearly penile papules go away. Sure, sometimes they decrease or fade away over time but there isn't a direct link between getting circumcised and them going away if you already have them.
Do you want to talk about circumcision more generally, or your reasons for getting circumcised?