Help me figure out my anatomy?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Glorious
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: They/them
Sexual identity: Attracted to androgyny

Help me figure out my anatomy?

Unread post by Glorious »

Hi there, I was wondering if you could help me figure out my body.

When I stick a finger in my vagina, I can feel a hard area. It's like a semi-circle against the front side close to the entrance of my vagina. It feels large but it's probably just because it's in a small space. I'm pretty sure it's been there the whole time - it's not a new growth or anything. I can reach my finger past it to a wider area. I think my g spot is right past this hard area. Is it possible that I'm picturing the vagina as tube-shaped, but it really isn't? Why is this spot hard? I'm pretty sure there's no bone there, but is there cartilage or something? I've looked at the diagrams on the website and don't see anything like this inside the vagina.

I'm not really concerned about it, I'd just like to know what it is.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Help me figure out my anatomy?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Glorious,

While the vaginal canal is in fact a tube, it's a tube that curves slightly towards your belly, which can mean some people initially feel bump into the top of the canal when inserting a finger. So, I wonder if part of what you're feeling is part of the tissue (like ligaments) that give your genitals their shape. It could also be part of the vaginal corona, since those can be thicker or thinner depending on the person, but the corona usually has some degree of stretchiness to it.
Glorious
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: They/them
Sexual identity: Attracted to androgyny

Unread post by Glorious »

Yep, now that you mention it, definitely my corona. It just didn't occur to me that it could be that thick ... and I also assumed most of it would have worn away at my age. I wonder if that's why I could never get a tampon in, they were always so uncomfortable!

Despite being very aroused and using lube, my corona does seem to prevent me from inserting any sort of toy (I just back off when there's pain - but even so I was spotting blood for a couple of days). The corona will wear down eventually, right? Maybe I'll just stick with the butt stuff for now. That ISN'T painful and is much more enjoyable without the corona to worry about (don't worry, I'm using lube & a toy with a flared base for that)!
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Glorious,

I'm glad my answer was helpful! The vaginal corona does naturally wear away over time, but if you're noticing it seems to be impeding your ability to insert anything (tampons, menstrual cups, fingers, etc), you can check in with a healthcare provider to see if there's something else that may be contributing to that issue.

And yes, I would agree that sticking with the kinds of sexual stimulation that feel fun rather than painful for you is the way to go!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic