Why do I not feel anything when I masturbate anymore?

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
Doorbell
Awesomeness Quotient: My butt
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Pansexual

Why do I not feel anything when I masturbate anymore?

Unread post by Doorbell »

So I’m very active with masturbation, I used to do it daily but in recent years I maybe do it a couple times a week. This past week, I thought I’d relieve some stress and masturbate. Clitoral masturbation was a success but I went to completely “finish” by stimulating my “g-spot” and felt absolutely nothing. Not a single ounce of pleasure. I was hoping maybe it was an off day and I’ve been checking it ever since and still nothing. I have no clue what’s going on with my body. I haven’t been sexually actively with a partner in a year so I know it’s nothing about having sex but I’m worried once I have it again it won’t feel the same. Can anyone please help me out?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Why do I not feel anything when I masturbate anymore?

Unread post by Heather »

Welcome to the boards, Doorbell. :)

Our bodies and sexualities -- including ways our bodies respond to them and what we do to express them -- do usually shift and change over time. It's pretty common to have one way we masturbated or had sex with partners that did all the things for us for a while to not do so forever. Generally, what most of us have to do is just mix things up at least every now and then, whether that's a new toy, a new kind of sex, a new fantasy in your head during either, trying a given thing a different way (like, same toy, same kind of sex, different angle, or same kind of sex, different partner, or same partner, different position).

I do also want to just let you know that the clitoris and the g-spot are actually not separate structures the way a lot of people think, but very connected ones, internally. So, if you like that feeling with the internal tissues and structures, you might also look into giving more of your internal clitoris some more stimulation. More info on that here (in the last 2/3rds of the article: https://www.scarleteen.com/article/bodi ... every_body
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Melamyl
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My face
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She

Unread post by Melamyl »

Same situation here. Thanks for the answer Heather.:)
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

You're welcome!

It's also really important to recognize that every single one of us has a lot of extra stress right now with the world as it is. It's a bummer, since it can be so good at helping us reduce stress, but our bodies and minds don't tend to be all that sexually responsive when we're stressed out: it just tends to be harder to get it all going. <3
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic