Fingering Precum Pregnancy?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
pace3473
Pronouns: He/him

Fingering Precum Pregnancy?

Unread post by pace3473 »

So, I'm going to preface this with a few things. The first thing is that my girlfriend has been on a low estrogen pill for quite some time now, and it has worked perfectly. Granted we have always used more than enough protection, but it was just a good backup for us when accidents happened. Recently though, she changed to a higher dose pill. The second thing is that I have OCD and it loves to latch on to stuff like this. Anyways, here's the story.

We decided not to have sex during the changing of pills for safety reasons and peace of mind, so we stuck with just manual/oral. Yesterday, I went to visit her and we stuck to the manual/oral like we said we would. While I was fingering her though, I pulled out my hand to do something and I accidentally brushed it against the side of my penis (shaft, not head). To this point, I had not ejaculated or anything, and I made sure to immediately wipe my fingers on a towel before going back inside of her. Also, there was time where my hand was just in the air after wiping, not immediately back inside.

I was talking to my girlfriend about it this morning (and discussing going back on OCD meds because of it), and normally she is very calm about this stuff. Because of the pill though, she has been very moody and nauseous so she was not in the best state to remain calm. Plus, she is starting a new job today, and so that probably is not helping the stress. She mentioned that blowjobs could move precum around, and that is what she was worried about. I'm pretty positive my penis had no spit on it, and the way I was angled would have meant that no precum would have gone down to where I brushed my penis.

I'm not rationally worried about this, but my OCD has made the situation worse for me. And the person who I normally go to (girlfriend) is going through a lot and is not currently feeling well. So is there any reason to be worried? And I know that it is normal for pregnancy scares to happen, but I feel like it might be an indication to go back to medication given that this is a fairly normal feeling for me? And would something like getting a Plan B just in case be a bad idea?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Fingering Precum Pregnancy?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi pace3473,

So, what you and she are worried about are not ways that pregnancy happens. Sperm are fragile and need certain conditions in order to have a chance at creating a pregnancy, and they can't survive being moved around on hands or mouths. Given that, there's not a need for Plan B in this scenario. It might help to give this article a read, since it covers what is needed for a pregnancy to occur: Human Reproduction: A Seafarer's Guide

As far as your OCD, while that's not something we can really advice you on or evaluate, if you're noticing that it's symptoms have been more severe or disruptive to your life recently, it's worth checking in with a mental healthcare provider about your treatment options.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic