Foreskin

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
ricosuave
Pronouns: He

Foreskin

Unread post by ricosuave »

Hello so recently I turned 17 and I still have a piece of foreskin stuck in the head of my penis, is there anyway to seperate it from home without seeing a doctor I think its a little embarrassing to tell my grandmother I need to see a doctor, I've tried playing with it, rubbing it, water, etc. it still never went away and its preventing me from being sexually active, please help.. thank you
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Foreskin

Unread post by Heather »

Hi there, ricosuave.

So, I first want to see if we're sure this is what you think it is. Has a doctor said you have foreskin left there (I assume after an infant circumcision?)? I ask because it's entirely possible you might be mistaking something that's just a usual part of your penis, like the frenulum.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
ricosuave

I haven't seen a doctor but I believe it is the frenulum but I cannot pull the skin back very far at all, is that normal?
ricosuave

And I have also hear people get this skin cut so thats what worried me if it should've went away or cut already
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

Yes. You want to keep whatever is left of the frenulum: you don't want to try and remove it or ask anyone else to remove it. That part of your penis is still important, even without the foreskin. It plays a part in erection and also in sensation. Without it, you'd typically have less sensation.

There's nothing weird about it (there's also nothing weird about a foreskin!), it's a part of everyone's penis.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
ricosuave

Alright thank you for your help, I appreciate it
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

Glad to be able to. Anything else I can help you with?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic