Roommate might be pregnant?

Questions and discussion about your sexual lives, choices, activities, ideas and experiences.
Hel
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Any

Roommate might be pregnant?

Unread post by Hel »

Okay, so I just started going to a new school. I'm boarding, and I have a roommate who is completely different than me. She is one of those popular kids, has a boyfriend, has sex a lot, etc. She and I get along fine, but literally five minutes ago, she told me she was going to buy a pregnancy test. I don't know her very well, and I don't know how to feel. Should I try to help her? What if it comes out positive??? I know it's her problem, not mine, but it would make me uncomfortable to be roommates with someone who is pregnant. She'd probably drop out of school, from what I know of her...

It's just really confusing for me - someone who has never had sex and therefore does not have to worry about getting pregnant. Can someone offer advice on this whole situation?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Roommate might be pregnant?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Hel,

This is one of those situations where most of what you're going to be able to do is just wait and see how things pan out. If it turns out she's pregnant and she tells you this, the way forward in that conversation is going to be asking if there's anything she wants you to do with that information (in other words, is she asking for help or just keeping you informed).

Do you have a sense of why rooming with someone who is pregnant would make you uncomfortable?
Hel
not a newbie
Pronouns: Any

Unread post by Hel »

She's not pregnant. I guess I should have waited before posting. But I think the reason I would have been uncomfortable, is because I like to avoid drama, and there would be a lot of talking about her if she was pregnant.

Thanks for the advice!
Alexa
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: i make the world's best pancakes!
Pronouns: she/her/ella
Sexual identity: queer, pansexual

Unread post by Alexa »

Hi Hel,

Okay! If you want to talk more about that discomfort, we are still here to think through it together.
Alexa K.
Scarleteen Team
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic