Female Orgasm ?

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
Hann.o.909
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Female Orgasm ?

Unread post by Hann.o.909 »

i cant seem to orgasm when i masturbate , whenever i try my lower body shakes intensely to the point where i cant continue. Ive tried going slower but then i seem to be there forever !! Does anyone know how to stop the shaking ?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Female Orgasm ?

Unread post by Heather »

You know, sometimes orgasm isn't the way people expect it to be. It might very well be that that shaking *is* part of orgasm happening: it is for a lot of people some of the time.

Can I ask what you're waiting to feel with orgasm that has you thinking it isn't happening for you?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Hann.o.909
not a newbie

Some kind off release or something that feels different i guess. If i stop direct stimulation then i stop shaking immediately and when i start off masturbating the shaking starts within a few seconds ?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

It may that the fact that you shake so intensely you need to stop stimulation is a sign your body has hit that point of release. Orgasm involves involuntary muscle contractions, so that could also be at play here. If you're curious, you can read more about how orgasm often looks and feels in this article: Sexual Response & Orgasm: A Users Guide

Can I ask, is masturbation fun or pleasurable for you, even if you're not sure whether an orgasm is happening?
Hann.o.909
not a newbie

It is pleasurable but after i stop i feel somewhat sexually frustrated, like i need to just carry on.
Thanks for the replies !
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

Gotcha.

So, that can happen for a few reasons. For sure, one of them can be that you didn't reach orgasm. But that can also happen even when you do. If you don't mind me asking, when you're masturbating, does that -- in and of itself -- feel very satisfying and pleasurable? Or is that feeling like it isn't really delivering for you, either?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Hann.o.909
not a newbie

I feel as if its not delivering
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants

Unread post by Sam W »

Got it. Can you give me a sense of how much experimenting with different ways of masturbating you've done? And when you masturbate, is your brain engaged and turned on along with your body?
Hann.o.909
not a newbie

i haven't done much experimenting other than different speed and pressures, i try to focus on the feelings that im experiencing to keep my brain engaged.
al
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I make zines!

Unread post by al »

Hi hann,

Have you ever tried using something other than your hands, like a vibrator or DIY sex toy?
Nothing happens in contradiction to nature, only in contradiction to what we know of it. -Special Agent Dana Katherine Scully
Hann.o.909
not a newbie

No i haven't.
Amanda F
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I love to go rock climbing outside!
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by Amanda F »

Hi Hann.o.909,

Everybody is different, and every body is different. It's possible that your body might respond better to something besides your fingers, at least some of the time.

Here's a guide to making or finding your own sex toys: D.I.Y Sex Toys: Self-Love Edition

Would you feel comfortable trying to masturbate with any of those items? You could explore and just see how it feels, and whether it's any different from the experience with your hands.
Hann.o.909
not a newbie

I have tried the old shower head technique and i do enjoy but i think it might be too powerful because if im standing i almost fall over :lol: and the toothbrush technique doesn't seem to do much. I think im going to look into some actual sex toys and maybe strengthen my pelvic muscles.
Heather

Unread post by Heather »

Given you're a young person, unless you have had something that would create issues with those muscles -- like a recent vaginal birth -- it is highly unlikely you need to work on those. It's also very unlikely that's why you're not experiencing pleasure or orgasm. It sounds pretty clear to me this isn't physiological.

What it sounds like *to me* is like you probably are experiencing orgasm: that shaking sure sounds like it, but that because the lead-up to it isn't something you are finding very satisfying or pleasurable, even when orgasm happens, you still feel unsatisfied. Orgasm, all by itself, isn't usually what leaves people feeling satisfied, but it's also a lot harder for it to feel that great when what got us there wasn't even more exciting and satisfying. When we aren't that excited in our heads but reach orgasm anyway, that's when we most often experience very mild orgasms that just don't really deliver. Understand what I mean?

If toys excite you, then for sure, some toys might be good: if you have access, you may want to start with something like a better vibrator than an electric toothbrush, pair that with something that gets you very mentally turned on -- like some kind of fantasy -- and see if that leads you anywhere. It just sounds to me like the mental piece may actually be what's missing most here. If you don't feel very excited while any kind of sex is happening, it usually just won't feel that satisfying if and when orgasm happens.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic