Help

Brand-new? This is the place for your questions and discussions on any and all topics, with fellow users or staff, while you get your feet wet.
wolfcub
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I generally don't care about what the world says
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him/his
Sexual identity: heterosexual

Help

Unread post by wolfcub »

I'm having trouble with these dating apps. I've signed up for Match.com and just made an account for tinder. On Match, I've already sent several messages to people and got no responses to any of them. What kind of messages should I send to start off?
Gone.Sorry.
not a newbie
Pronouns: required field

Re: Help

Unread post by Gone.Sorry. »

I would start off with a short message that isn't overwhelming but shows you read their profile and are messaging them because you're interested in something about them. I would also ask them a question which shows you're interested in what they have to say and gives them something to respond to.

"Hello! Nice to meet you. I saw your favorite book is [book]. It's one of my top books, too! Why is it your favorite?"
"So you're in [profession]? Sounds interesting/challenging! What got you into that?"

Something too short (just "hi") shows no effort and will get no response in most cases. There's no jumping off point for a conversation there.

And since you asked in another thread - it sounds like you should send whatever you have the energy and time and motivation for. Add in some time to peruse people's profiles.
wolfcub
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I generally don't care about what the world says
Pronouns: he/him/his
Sexual identity: heterosexual

Unread post by wolfcub »

But that's exactly what I've been doing!!!!! I say hi, I refer to their profile, I ask them a question. And every single fucking time, I get NOTHING!!

Also what do you mean by pursue their profile?
Amanda F
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I love to go rock climbing outside!
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by Amanda F »

Hi Wolfcub,

You've started multiple threads about the same topic, which makes it a little hard for us to have one good conversation with you about this. I'm going to lock this thread and ask that you continue talking to us in the "Struggling with Dating Apps" thread going forward. I think that will be more productive and will also let other visitors who may have the same question see our conversation in one place. See you over there!
Locked Previous topicNext topic