Period Question

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
0PT1M15T1C
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I can build things
Primary language: English
Pronouns: They/He
Sexual identity: I don't really know anymore

Period Question

Unread post by 0PT1M15T1C »

So I've been getting my period since I was pretty young and I've always noticed that this happens, at night I very rarely bleed. If I do it's typically the second or third day, out of 5-6, but otherwise I go to sleep and wake up and the pad I put on the night before is just dry and there's no blood other than blood from before I went to sleep, and it's clear it's from then, especially because there's very little typically. Is this something I might want to be getting checked out? Or is it at all common? I've just never heard of it before and it's not really something I was to discuss with friends, especially being a trans guy, we do not talk about my body often as it's not something I'm comfortable with. It's also not something I can really ask about in health class (sex-ed) because I don't really want people more aware than they already are that I am trans.

Thank you.
You have the power to say "This is not how my story will end".
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Period Question

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi 0PT1M15T1C,

If this is a common pattern in your period, then it's most likely just a quirk of your body and your cycle and not something to worry about.

Would it be helpful to have some resources specifically for trans guys who are having to deal with periods?
0PT1M15T1C
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I can build things
Primary language: English
Pronouns: They/He
Sexual identity: I don't really know anymore

Unread post by 0PT1M15T1C »

Thanks for the response!

Okay, yeah it happens most times so, its good to know it's probably just a quirk. Kind of wish my body would take that break during the day instead though, just saying. It just seemed so strange for it to completely stop while I'm asleep.

And yes please, if you don't mind.
You have the power to say "This is not how my story will end".
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

You're welcome!

It's still a topic where there isn't a ton of concrete information, but this article has some tips: https://everydayfeminism.com/2014/11/tr ... struation/. You may also want to look into Trans Bodies, Trans Selves as a resource: http://transbodies.com/

You're also more than welcome to make a post here on the boards asking other trans people who deal with periods how they manage them. That can give you a safe space to share those experiences and support.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic