Did I get my period?

Any questions or discussions that you ONLY want to discuss with our staff or volunteers.
(Users: please do not reply to other users here.)
Alitotherescue
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I know all the lyrics to 20 Dollar Nosebleed.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: They/Them
Sexual identity: Aro-Ace

Did I get my period?

Unread post by Alitotherescue »

So last Sunday, I was fingering my vagina and I noticed blood on my finger after I took it out, the blood wasn’t flowing down to my underwear but just staying, is that a bad thing??? I haven’t started my period so I’m very concerned.
What’s not to love about Patrick Stump? ♡♡

- Ali ♡♡♡
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Did I get my period?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Alitotherescue,

We can't say for certain what cause the bleeding, but given that it happened after you had your fingers inside your vagina, the most likely explanation is that you gave yourself a small cut or tear. That can happen in you're fingering yourself roughly or intensely, if you're not using a lot of lube, or if your fingernails is a bit too long. You may also have had some spotting between periods and happened to masturbate at the same time.

All in all, this probably isn't cause for concern. But if you notice the bleeding happening more often and it's not your period, or you start noticing other symptoms like painful urination or weird discharge, then you'd want to check in with a healthcare provider.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic