Feelings

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
Anonymous275
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My eyes
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Straight

Feelings

Unread post by Anonymous275 »

Earlier this month I was supposed to be around the time of ovulating. I had some pains that I thought were ovulation related, but then started to have desire. I went to sleep then the next evening, had some feelings again. Then I think the following night I still had feelings. It was kind of like this feeling of warmth and emptiness or hunger in my thigh.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Feelings

Unread post by Heather »

Hey again. I'm not sure what you're looking for here: can you let me know what your question is?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Anonymous275
not a newbie

I was just wondering if that was normal.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

The idea that there's a specific way or ways people are feeling when they are ovulating isn't accurate. Things like ovulation or periods can also influence things like feelings of sexual desire, but sexual desire is about way more than the four hormones mostly involved with the fertility cycle AND how these phases influence desire is very diverse.

"Hunger" is generally a word we use when we are talking about eating, which thighs don't have anything to do with as a process or system, so I'm not sure I understand that word to describe a sensation in your leg?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Anonymous275
not a newbie

I didn't mean those specific feelings would apply to all women, just me personally. I don't only feel that way during ovulation, but I think the feelings were stronger, perhaps more rawer, and more constant for ovulation-related reasons. I tried to use the word "emptiness" as another description for what I was feeling. I think it was related to desire.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Anonymous275,

If you were feeling a lot of sexual desire during that time, that could have led to actual arousal, which has all kinds of physical feelings that can go along with it. So it's likely that's what was causing those sensations you were noticing.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic