More period blood after masturbation

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
purple_triangle
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm good at music theory
Primary language: English
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: Gay

More period blood after masturbation

Unread post by purple_triangle »

Background info: I started testosterone exactly four weeks ago and my period started early this time, the cramps have been lighter but there's been more blood. Also as I've mentioned before I have never orgasmed to my knowledge

Today was the first time in a while that I've masturbated while on my period. After around two hours, as I was naturally starting to wind down, I felt a sudden release from my vagina area. I checked and there was a big wave of blood, which is unusual this late in my cycle. Also, it felt really wet when it came out and the blood seemed thinner than usual after it settled. When I showered after there was a lot more blood than usual that came out during the shower. What I'm wondering is did I orgasm without knowing it and that triggered the extra blood flow? Is this just a coincidence? I'm guessing that the testosterone had some sort of effect given the other weirdness in this cycle

Other notes: I feel a lot more alert than I did before masturbating (I was super tired when I started and now I feel much more awake), and my uterus area feels a bit odd but not exactly in pain. I don't feel super sensitive down there but I also didn't really try to touch myself afterwards since I was already basically done
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: More period blood after masturbation

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi purple_triangle,

It doesn't sound like you experienced orgasm, but arousal without orgasm can still lead to what you're describing with that sudden burst of flow. Because arousal (and orgasm) can cause uterine contractions, those contractions can cause you to see slightly heavier flow, or more flow at once, after you masturbate.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic