What is one of your favourite ways of connecting with your body?

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
Elise
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer

What is one of your favourite ways of connecting with your body?

Unread post by Elise »

Understanding how you can connect with your body in a way that brings you joy can bring some great mental health benefits.

For me, jogging in outdoors is that thing. It destresses me and brings me an appreciation of how my body works and takes me places, and the energy release is great too 😊 What have you all tried and what do you like?
Nicole
previous staff/volunteer
Primary language: EN, ES, RU, UA
Sexual identity: Queer

Re: What is one of your favourite ways of connecting with your body?

Unread post by Nicole »

Hi Elise! This is a great question. I also love spending time outside, especially going on walks with friends. I love breathing in the fresh air and taking advantage of the nice weather. Sometimes I try to practice yoga and breathing exercises. It’s super refreshing, both physically and mentally, and makes me feel somewhat active.
Carly
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Unread post by Carly »

I take what I call "The Shower." Though I take multiple showers throughout the week, they're usually hurried. Once a week take a long hot shower where I do a little extra - use a hair mask, exfoliate, etc. Lounging around in my robe, using a sheet mask, and putting on my fancier lotion is also part of the routine. I'm a very anxious person and I always feel like I need to be productive to feel satisfied, but this reminds me to slow down and take come extra time to check in with my body.
Michaela
Awesomeness Quotient: I have yet to find a craft that I do not love
Sexual identity: Queer

Unread post by Michaela »

I tend to drink tea all the time (there is a cup of mint tea next to me right now)...but, when I'm really needing to connect to my body I will make myself a cup and drink it a little more slowly and intentionally. It could be in my head, but I can almost feel the warm tea travel to my stomach. I also focus on the way it tastes and how it feels in my body. That practice helps to make me more present and connected with my body, especially if my life is feeling crazy in other areas.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic