Vagina bumps

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
Learningthings
Awesomeness Quotient: I’m spontaneous
Primary language: English
Pronouns: She/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Vagina bumps

Unread post by Learningthings »

Hi! So basically, I’ve had this bump/pimple (?) in my parts down below (not the lips). At first there was just one, and I’ve had it for months. It’s red but it doesn’t hurt, and I’ve popped it in the past. After I recently waxed and shaved, two more appeared and I tired to pop them. They haven’t gone away and it’s been a few weeks… I’m scared they won’t go away. I haven’t had any sexual contact, so I’m pretty sure it’s not herpes. The bumps don’t hurt at all, but they’re red and I guess kinda white. What should I do??
Carly
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Vagina bumps

Unread post by Carly »

Hey Learningthings -- based on your description, it sounds like these bumps are ingrown hairs. These occur when a shaved or tweezed hair grows back but directly into the skin, often causing inflammation in the form of small, pop-able bumps. Generally, these do go away on their own but if you're finding that they're lingering for weeks or start to hurt, I recommend talking with a healthcare provider for additional treatment.

Also, for clarification, when you say they're not on your vaginal lips -- do you mean they're not on your outer labia? Can you help us understand which area you're referring to? For reference, here's a diagram.
Learningthings
Awesomeness Quotient: I’m spontaneous
Pronouns: She/her

Unread post by Learningthings »

Hi! Mine haven’t gone away… should I still wait? Yes I meant that they’re not on the outer labia. They are located near the Mons area based off the diagram
Valerie J
previous staff/volunteer
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: Queer and/or nonbinary lesbian

Unread post by Valerie J »

Hi!

There is still a possibility that those are ingrown hairs as it hasn't been more than a day since you last posted. If there is hair that grows near where you are talking about, like the mons, then there is possibility for ingrown hairs.
I would wait a week or so and not touch them and see if they go away. As long as it doesn't change condition (starts to hurt, gets bigger, looks infected, etc) I think for now its just a waiting game for the inflammation to go down.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic