getting pubic shaving supplies + making everything sanitary?

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
pinkluvr333
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: cishet girl

getting pubic shaving supplies + making everything sanitary?

Unread post by pinkluvr333 »

i've tried shaving in the past, but mostly it's gone horribly wrong. dry skin, cysts, way tooo much hair to shave at once... so i need some actual tools to help me. i haven't shaved in a while, so my hair is getting long enough to the point where it sticks out of my underwear. this is definitely not ideal for me since i have intense contamination ocd and consider that area dirty. because of how much hair has grown, i would need to trim first but as said before, i have no products that i can use other than a normal razor. how should i bring up the subject to my mom? also, some advice on how to trim / shave in a way that is sanitary would be amazing. thank you!! :)
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: getting pubic shaving supplies + making everything sanitary?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi pinkluvr333,

Since it sounds like some of the need/desire to shave is tied to OCD and the way that interacts with your body, could you approach the conversation with your mom from that angle? Too, it's not unusual for folks going through puberty to need new or different grooming products, so it's not all that strange for you to ask her for unscented shaving soap or grooming scissors.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic