is gray discharge normal?

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
sonicfan82
Awesomeness Quotient: my eyes
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she her
Sexual identity: not comfortable

is gray discharge normal?

Unread post by sonicfan82 »

i found like a small kinda clay like ballish shape of discharge in my hairs that looked like it had been there for a while, it was dark gray. i dont know if it was dark gray bc it was there a while but i looked it up and it said vaginitis but i saw normal discharge which was just regular white and i found nothing about the color of built up discharge online. is this normal or should i be concerned? the only other issue i have with my area is irritation but its only because my pubic hairs are coarse and coily so its a pain when not trimmed. thanks for answering if u do! :D :D
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: is gray discharge normal?

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi sonicfan82,

If you were having consistently gray discharge, that would be cause for concern. But since it sounds like this was a one-time thing and you aren't noticing symptoms like a weird smell or pain to go along with it, then it's probably fine. Too, as you pointed out, sometimes discharge that's had a chance to dry can change color a little (and sometimes it can also pick up little bits of fuzz from underwear), so it's entirely possible that's what happened.
sonicfan82
Awesomeness Quotient: my eyes
Pronouns: she her
Sexual identity: not comfortable

Unread post by sonicfan82 »

hi!

thank you so much!
it does smell a little, but its not like a weird smell, just kinda a slight stink lol. thank you so much though!
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

It might be worth it to keep an eye on things for a day or two to be sure you don't notice anything else unusual, in terms of discharge smell or color, but it sounds like you're probably in the clear.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic