Feels like Ejaculate is Stuck in my Urethra

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
T!lly
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: N/A
Sexual identity: Hetrosexual

Feels like Ejaculate is Stuck in my Urethra

Unread post by T!lly »

Hi.

Throughout puberty, I've noticed on occasions that when I feel aroused, I get a build up of pain in my pelvic area, mostly my penis and scrotum.

In conjunction with this, sometimes, like right now, it feels like there's something moving around in my urethra tube.

Even if I pass urine, it still feels like somethings there.

Please could anyone offer some advice?

Thank you.
Carly
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Re: Feels like Ejaculate is Stuck in my Urethra

Unread post by Carly »

Hey TS_6249 -- I'm not a doctor and we don't have one amongst our staff or volunteers, so we can't quite diagnose this issue for you. From what I do know, it sounds like your urethra may be inflamed or irritated inside. Symptoms vary, but they include the sensation of something in the urethra and pain in the groin. When you urinate, do you ever feel discomfort? That's another common symptom. Typically, this condition is treated by visiting a doctor and taking prescribed medication. At the very least, it may be a good idea to get an examination to determine exactly what's going on. Would you feel comfortable doing something like that?
T!lly
not a newbie

Unread post by T!lly »

Hi Carly. Yes, when I pass urine, I have the sensation of burning/stinging at the tip of my urethra.

I do have a urology appointment regarding Peyronie's Disease next week.

If I may also ask, how much does the curve need to be in order for it to be classified as Peyronie's?
Urna
previous staff/volunteer

Unread post by Urna »

Hey TS6249,

Good to hear that you'll be seeing a doctor about this. Unfortunately, since we're not medical professionals, we can't give you a completely reliable answer to your question about curvature, but treatment is usually only necessary when the curvature is 30 degrees or more. Your doctor will be able to tell you with utmost reliability, so I would suggest waiting until next week.

Here's some more information about what may happen during your appointment: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-con ... c-20353473.
<3333
T!lly
not a newbie

Unread post by T!lly »

Hi Urna,

Thank you for your reply and for sending that link. I will definitely write down some notes and have them ready for my appointment.

If you don't mind me asking, I have noticed something else.

When I'm sleeping and get erections, they are much firmer and don't tend to give me a feeling of ejaculation.

But, when I get an erection during the day and have the feeling of ejaculation it feels different and not firmer.

So that I can measure the curvature myself, what's the best way to get an erection and not ejaculate?

Thanks.
Sam W
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi TS_6249,

I know we covered these questions in our chat today, but if you have other questions about anatomy or about navigating the visit with the urologist, you can ask them here.
T!lly
not a newbie

Unread post by T!lly »

Hi Sam. So I had my urology appointment today and it didn't go great in my opinion.

I brought a detailed list with all of my queries/concerns including the curvature and my urethra, but they kind of shut be down and just said 'you don't have Peyronie's Disease'.

Sure it's good news and a scan date has been set, but the whole appointment was a missed opportunity for me to resolve everything.

It wouldn't be a waste for me to speak to my GP again and see if I can get a second opinion, would it?
Emily N
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I love to cook!
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: pansexual

Unread post by Emily N »

Hi,
I’m so sorry you came out of your appointment feeling like your doctor didn’t listen to or address your concerns! Good for you for organizing and expressing your concerns - unfortunately, patients often have to advocate for themselves hard in order to be listened to, and that’s not fair. And you’re right - it’s okay to seek a second opinion if you feel your concerns aren’t addressed with one doctor. Do you have a way to follow up with your GP via phone or email first so you don’t have to go through the process of finding a new doctor in case your current one ends up being helpful the second time around?
T!lly
not a newbie

Unread post by T!lly »

Hi Emily,

I'm actually planning to see my GP tomorrow regarding some other concerns so I'm going to mention my experience and see what they say.

I'll let you know as soon as I hear from them.
Carly

Unread post by Carly »

Hey TS_6249 -- I'm bummed to hear that your urology appointment was a bust. I agree with Emily that getting a second opinion is a great idea, especially if you don't feel like you have any answers or even a direction to go in to address those concerns.

I did have a question about the urologist though -- do you have any kind of follow-up with them scheduled? Did they take any samples from you or do any tests you're awaiting the results of? I think you mentioned you had a scan scheduled - what kind of scan is it? I ask this because there's a chance they can still be helpful to you, even if they couldn't give you a lot of answers the other day. It may be possible that they simply couldn't, and were only able to rule out certain conditions without needing tests or scans. That doesn't change how you're feeling about the experience of course, but I do want to encourage you to not write them off just yet.
T!lly
not a newbie

Unread post by T!lly »

Hi Carly,

Thanks for your reply.

With regards to the scan, my urologist didn't specify exactly what it was, but according to what I'm researched online, I think its a doppler ultrasound. But, the main thing is that its 3+ months away and I really wanted some answers now I guess.

What do you think I should do?
Carly

Unread post by Carly »

I think you're doing the best thing you can do at the moment, which is try to address your immediate concerns with someone else. I'm hoping you're able to get some answers with your GP, but I think it might be good to prepare yourself for the possibility that you might not. I wish your scan could be sooner, but that fact that there's another step scheduled is great.
T!lly
not a newbie

Unread post by T!lly »

My GP gave me some reassurance regarding my other concerns, but in the meantime, I'm going to have to wait until my scan. I'll send an update about my appointment in the near future. Thanks for all the help.
Sam W
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

You're welcome, and I hope the appointment goes well!
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic