Can't Find My Clit/Labia Really Sensitive

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
shovel
Awesomeness Quotient: My ear piercings
Primary language: English
Pronouns: Any/All
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Can't Find My Clit/Labia Really Sensitive

Unread post by shovel »

I don't really know how to start this post, but I've tried for a really long time to find my clitoris but can't. I have labia that's all inside the lips(?) so I assumed that would make it harder to find. Thing is I can't even get a good look because 1) How do you bend in a way to see and 2) My labia's really sensitive to the touch. Is this normal, am I mistaking something else as my labia, or...?

Been really worried I can't be able to properly masturbate.
Emily N
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I love to cook!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/they
Sexual identity: pansexual

Re: Can't Find My Clit/Labia Really Sensitive

Unread post by Emily N »

Hi shovel,

If it helps to hear, you are not alone - many people have questions about how to find their clitoris or whether their vulva is “normal”. Vulvas are all so unique that there’s really no such thing as normal! (If you are interested, this article shows *some* of the variety possible in vulvas). And yes, labia (and genitals in general) are often very sensitive to touch, so as long as it’s not painful, it’s common for them to feel sensitive! It’s also possible that some of this sensitivity is due to the proximity to the clitoris (which is located north of the vagina, closer to the top of the labia).

To get a better angle to see the vulva, many people find using a hand mirror helpful. This article gives a more in depth dive into the vulva, clitoris, and vagina.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic