Are there different ways to masturbate?

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
Hunter14
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My art
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him
Sexual identity: Straight

Are there different ways to masturbate?

Unread post by Hunter14 »

Hey I’m a 14yr old boy. Normally when I masturbate I stroke my penis up and down, but after a while it gets a bit boring. I was just wondering if there was any other masturbating techniques that I could make at home which might add some variety?
Carly
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Re: Are there different ways to masturbate?

Unread post by Carly »

Hey Hunter14 -- there are many different ways to masturbate, it's all about finding what works and feels best for you. Because of that, sometimes it can be difficult to recommend different masturbation techniques that feel good for everyone. Our resource Going Solo: The Basics of Masturbation goes over some common ways people masturbate with their genitals - take a look!

Do you have any other questions we can help with?
Hunter14
not a newbie

Thanks Carly, that resource helped a lot!
Also I have another question. Sometimes when I wake up in the morning my undies are quite wet, and inside them is some gooey stuff. I don’t think it’s pee because I never wet the bed, so what is it?
Sam W
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Hunter14,

I'm glad it helped! And what you're noticing is is probably the result of a "wet dream" which is ejaculation that occurs while sleeping due to things like sexual dreams, high levels of semen accumulation, stimulation from the touch of sheets and blankets, or having a full bladder.
Hunter14
not a newbie

Ok thanks. Sorry to keep bothering you but I have a few more questions.

1. For a 14yr old boy what is the average penis size, mine is 4 inches erect and 1.5 flaccid. Is this small?

2. Despite having a small penis, sometimes when I’m swimming at school you can see a small bulge and sometimes I might be erect, how can I hide it?

3. what kind of undies should I wear, at the moment I’m wearing briefs/ y-fronts?

4. I know this might sound weird but sometimes when I’m trying to masturbate I think about wetting myself and that turns me on, is this normal?
Marisha
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Aspiring sex educator
Sexual identity: Bi

Unread post by Marisha »

1) Everyone's body is different, and penis size varies from person to person. Because you are younger in age, your body probably isn't done growing, and your body as-is isn't the largest it will ever be. That being said, don't let stigma related to penis size affect you too deeply. Your body is good and normal no matter what it looks like.

2) To hide your bulge, you can try any number of things: wear a longer t-shirt while you're swimming, leave the pool and lie on your stomach to avoid showing your front, switch to wearing swim trunks & maybe try going a size up, tie a towel around your waist, and/or go to the bathroom and see if emptying your bladder will help the erection go down.

3) Depends on your preference. Why are you asking?

4) Pee-related pleasure/fantasies are common, yes.
Hunter14
not a newbie

Thanks Marisha,

The reason I ask about what undies is because my red and blue y-fronts are a bit childish and uncomfortable so which undies would look grown up and comfy for my penis. Secondly talking about fantasies I also think about weeing in diapers and it feeling all warm around my penis, how can I get diapers/pull-ups without my mom finding out so I can do my fantasy.
Marisha
not a newbie

Unread post by Marisha »

In terms of comfort, I suggest sticking with any kind of underwear that's made with around 95% cotton, because cotton is a soft, breathable fabric. I don't know about finding the most comfortable fit, but it might help to look at reviews online for certain styles of underwear to see how comfortable each style is. You can also try referencing your pants size/looking at size charts to make sure you get the best fit for you.

For getting access to diapers, that's a difficult one because we have to figure out how you can 1) buy diapers without letting your mom know what you're using the money for, and 2) discard the diapers without your mom finding them and getting curious/confused. I would maybe suggest finding ways to indulge in this practice without buying diapers because it's free and discreet. Otherwise, maybe you could try cloth diapering (using a flat cloth, folding it around you like a diaper, and securing it with a pin)?
Hunter14
not a newbie

Thanks very much Marisha, I’ll definitely try this. Sorry to be a pain but I have one final question. When I’m it the changing room at a clothes store and I’m trying on new undies or Speedos should I take my undies off to try them on or should I keep them on?
Marisha
not a newbie

Unread post by Marisha »

No trouble at all! You should keep your underwear on out of courtesy for the next person trying them on and the staff who has to put them back on the shelves. Keeping your underwear on also puts a barrier between you and the garment in case it has already been tried on by another person.
Hunter14
not a newbie

If I was to have an erection on day out shopping would it be ok to masturbate in the changing room to relieve myself?
Marisha
not a newbie

Unread post by Marisha »

I would say no, because it would be unfair to the staff working there if they had to clean up after you. Not to mention you might disturb other shoppers nearby (+ I don't know what security is like in England, but there may be security cameras watching you, so be mindful).
Hunter14
not a newbie

How about the shop toilet?
Sam W
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

A good rule with masturbation is you want to avoid doing it in a place where other people may hear or see it without their consent, which a shop toilet may not always be. Sometimes, your best option may be to try and ignore it or focus on other things until the erection goes away.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic