Vagina

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
jenny01
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: straight

Vagina

Unread post by jenny01 »

Hi, so I put my fingers in my vagina for the first time the other day(like without panties on) and it felt well different. It wasn't bad, just different. Does the vagina have different levels ig? Like I had to make circle motions with my fingers before I could go in deeper. Also I've heard it hurts sometimes when a penis penetrates you. Is that true? Like it kinda felt weird when I wanted to go in deeper but I couldn't do two fingers so I just did one.
Marisha
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: Aspiring sex educator
Sexual identity: Bi

Re: Vagina

Unread post by Marisha »

Hi jenny01,

This is an interesting one, because the vagina can seem like a mysterious place 0_0 Let's see if we can demystify it!

First, our wonderful founder has a lengthy article all about the vulva and its many parts: Innies & Outies: The Vagina, Clitoris, Uterus and More It sounds like you discovered new depths by using the circling motion to kind of 'open up' more. The vagina is stretchy, so being able to 'open up' like this shouldn't be difficult. I would guess (but can't confirm, since you know your body better than any of us here) that you might have been able to push past the pubic bone to access the full length of the tube.

Re: pain and penetration, it can hurt, but it doesn't have to. The friction between body parts can certainly feel strange or painful, especially if you aren't aroused and/or unlubricated. The vagina at rest (as in, when you're not aroused) may feel like it's unable to accommodate certain lengths and volumes compared to when you're aroused and 'wet.'

Does all that make sense?
jenny01
not a newbie
Sexual identity: straight

Unread post by jenny01 »

Yeah. What's the tube? And I see. Is the g-spot in the tube?
Elise
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Sexual identity: bisexual/queer

Unread post by Elise »

Hi jenny01, the "tube" is your vagina, it is essentially a tube made of muscle that forms an internal passage leading from the opening of the vulva to the cervix (the entrance to the uterus). The "g-spot" can also be found in the vagina also, you can read a bit more about it in the article, this quote from it describes it a bit:

"If you can put your finger inside your vagina, towards your belly, not your back, you may or may not feel a spongy area that is a bit like the roof of your mouth in texture (if you have short fingers, you may not be able to). That area is what many people call the G-spot, or Grafenburg Spot, another potential source of, or contributor to, sexual pleasure or orgasm (and is probably another portion of the internal clitoris or urinary system)...Understand, however, that not all find that area being touched or stimulated to be pleasurable (or even to feel like anything at all!), and it doesn't lead to orgasm magically in everybody. It isn't a magic button, or any kind of button at all, it is simply a potential area of your genital anatomy that may be responsive to stimulation and give you pleasure."
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic