Excessive vaginal discharge

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
Crowley-Phoenix
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I own chickens
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/him/they/them
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Excessive vaginal discharge

Unread post by Crowley-Phoenix »

I've been looking for an answer for this for ages. I've been having alot of discharge for the past couple of years, and it gets so bad it leaks through my underwear and it's concerning me. What can I do to stop it?
Valerie J
previous staff/volunteer
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: Queer and/or nonbinary lesbian

Re: Excessive vaginal discharge

Unread post by Valerie J »

Hi!

I think this would be a really helpful article for you to check out Honorably Discharged: A Guide to Vaginal Secretions . Having discharge that leaks through to your underwear is normal, albeit, annoying at sometimes. It is a natural thing for your vagina to be producing. That being said, what about it is concerning you?

I'd look through the article to see if any of the symptoms you are feeling match up with the descriptions listed. Unless you are worried about it being an infection, in which case seeing a gynocologist would be a good idea, there is not much you can do to control it. Some people use liners in their underwear to deal with it. And it may change in amount or frequency overtime.

I hope this helps!

Val
Crowley-Phoenix
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I own chickens
Pronouns: He/him/they/them
Sexual identity: Bisexual

Unread post by Crowley-Phoenix »

It doesn't flag any of the bad symptoms, it's just the sheer amount. It's embarrassing how much discharge there is, it goes through normal liners after an hour which is really annoying.
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Unread post by Mo »

That does sound frustrating! It's certainly something you could bring up to a gynecologist just to be sure there isn't anything else going on, but since it doesn't sound like you have any other signs of a problem, you may just be experiencing some heavier-than-average (but otherwise normal) discharge at this point in time. I don't have direct experience with them, but I wonder if any of the underwear that's marketed as period underwear might be useful?
Melamyl
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My face
Pronouns: She

Unread post by Melamyl »

Have you tried seeing a female gyno? I find they are more sympathetic and willing to try to figure out what is going on. There are so many different possibilities on what could be going on.
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Unread post by Heather »

Just to be clear -- I just don't want that last post to cause worries -- what's most likely is that NOTHING is going on that's a problem if you're not finding that anything suggests a problem here, like a funky smell or a weird color. There's nothing abnormal or unhealthy about having very fluid discharges or a lot of it, even if it might be an inconvenience sometimes in modern life. I second Mo about looking into underwear with some built-in liners: sounds like that might be a good fix for you.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic