Pubic Hair and the Clit

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
jenny01
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: straight

Pubic Hair and the Clit

Unread post by jenny01 »

Does anyone find it really hard to find their clit with their pubic hair? I can't even find my clitoral hood. Any advice?
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Pubic Hair and the Clit

Unread post by Heather »

Hi again, jenny.

Generally, you should be able to find the hood visually -- if it's hidden by public hair -- by pushing back the pubic hair covering it. Or, you can find it by feel. Since it's just on top of the clitoral glans, which tends to be very sensitive, especially once someone's aroused, if you feel around when you are feeling turned on you should be able to find both the glans and the hood. You can always start that exploration right around your vaginal opening, where there isn't hair, and just move your fingers up (towards your face rather than your bottom). The external portions of your clitoris are above your vaginal opening, past the urinary opening.

If you haven't seen this already, a diagram and/or more complete description might help: Innies & Outies: The Vagina, Clitoris, Uterus and More
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
jenny01
not a newbie
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: straight

Re: Pubic Hair and the Clit

Unread post by jenny01 »

Ok thanks Heather! I'll try working my way up from my vagina and see if I can try to find it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic