bump on vulva? should i be concerned?

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
Mace-brando
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I like to draw, write songs & make dank memes
Primary language: American English
Pronouns: They/Them
Sexual identity: Omnisexual greyromantic

bump on vulva? should i be concerned?

Unread post by Mace-brando »

Hi. I am writing once more to inquire about a thing on my body. to be specific, it is a bump. a painful bump. it looks like a pimple. I haven't squeezed on it, don't worry, and i am still a virgin, so i know it can't be anything like syphilis, or the clap (idk if its even a real thing, the clap, but anythings possible in the realm of sex.)

so should i be concerned? or should I just leave it alone. I know you folk over there at HQ aren't doctors, but I would like yalls input, cause yall know more about this than i do, im just a dixie enby with a 3DS. :lol:

anyway, y'all take care now!
Don't tell anyone outside the family what you are thinking again - Don Vito Corlene
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: bump on vulva? should i be concerned?

Unread post by Heather »

"The clap" is a very old slang term for gonorrhea, which is real and also very common. But if you haven't had any (not just intercourse, but no kind) sexual contact with anyone else, you're right, STIs aren't likely, and this bump being a symptom of an STI isn't likely.

If it's on any part of the vulva where there is or right near any pubic hair, then it can be a pimple or ingrown hair just like on other parts of your body that have skin like that. If it's on a part of the vulva where it's mucous membrane, instead, then it's probably not a pimple. Either way, bumps can also be benign cysts or infected glands, a whole range of things.

By all means, you want to avoid squeezing it, but you can try using warm compresses on it to see if it'll drain or to reduce any swelling. You can also take an analgesic (like an Advil, Tylenol or Aleve) to help reduce the pain and swelling. If it doesn't take care of itself over the next few days or weeks and gets more painful or grows, then you'll ideally want to get it checked out by a healthcare professional.
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
Mace-brando
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I like to draw, write songs & make dank memes
Primary language: American English
Pronouns: They/Them
Sexual identity: Omnisexual greyromantic

Re: bump on vulva? should i be concerned?

Unread post by Mace-brando »

thank you very much! my mother always called it the clap, i never knew it ment gonorrhea. for me, gonorrhea ment gonorrhea, and the clap was, well, the clap. i guess you learn something new everyday! sad to know people are suffering with it, and i wish them the best.

thank you very much, Mx. Heather!
(on an unrelated note, good to find older Non-binarys here! see mama, it ain't no trend!)
Don't tell anyone outside the family what you are thinking again - Don Vito Corlene
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic