Peyronie's Disease?

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
idk anymore
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: I have a pretty good sense of humor
Primary language: English
Pronouns: He/Him
Sexual identity: Pan, mostly

Peyronie's Disease?

Unread post by idk anymore »

So I have a curved penis. I know, "yay, this kid wants to talk about his crotch again. What a surprise." Well, I don't care what you think, I'm my own person and I'm gonna do my own thing no matter how annoyed you are, and you guys are obligated to answer my questions, as long as I'm polite, regardless of how crotch oriented they are! (Disclaimer, I do actually care about what you have to see. I'm just failing at being funny.) So like I was saying. I have a curved penis. Whenever I get an erection, my penis will curve, more than slightly to the right. I looked it up and this is called Peyronie's Disease, and is caused by sex I guess. I'm a virgin. I haven't lost my v-card, popped the cherry, whatever. So there are only two things that I think might have caused it. I was either born that way, or I'm wanking to hard or to much (the latter I don't think is the case but whatever, idrk). Thing is, I can't remember if my penis was like that before I started jacking off. I don't think it was, but I didn't really pay much attention to it until I started beating my meat. My penis doesn't hurt when I'm hard, and it doesn't hurt when I let myself down a few. My real concern is that I'll finally get that far and someone will be like, a curved dick, what the fuck. And then I'll be out of luck. (I have similar anxiety about whether I should shave the down under, but I'll try to stay on topic.) I would like to think if I ever get so far to get someone in that situation, with their consent, that the angle my penis points isn't really gonna bother them, but I don't really know, and I don't want to take any chances, since I might never get the opportunity again. Im also worried it will make sex hard, since obviously moving my hand over my dick isnt nearly as difficult as inserting it somewhere repeatedly. What do I do? What's wrong with me? Are my jokes bad?
I hate the word homophobia. It's not a phobia. You're not scared. You're an asshole.

~Morgan Freeman
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Peyronie's Disease?

Unread post by Heather »

I'm heading out for the day, so I'm afraid I'll have to circle round to this tomorrow.

However, I want to make clear that we are actually NOT obligated to answer ANY questions here for anyone. As the user agreement which everyone had to click that they read (whether they did or not) and say they agreed to to register for the boards made clear, as do our user guidelines, we have the right not to answer any questions for any reason at all, including for no reason at all.

https://www.scarleteen.com/user_guideli ... acy_policy
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
idk anymore
not a newbie

Well, from what wikipedia tells me about you, Heather, you have a pretty big heart. You may not be legally obligated to answer me, however, you care about what all of us think, and you are obligated to, by yourself on a personal and moral level. I could be wrong, but I highly doubt someone as kind and caring as you would right me off just because I am somewhat eager to talk about my penis and my jokes are bad. Because thats exactly what this is, and what I said was. A joke. I have no desire to get into an argument about this, however, I really don't like it when people take my jokes to seriously, so I couldn't resist arguing about this with you.
I hate the word homophobia. It's not a phobia. You're not scared. You're an asshole.

~Morgan Freeman
idk anymore
not a newbie

But, like I said, I could be wrong, and you could be trying to prove me wrong right now...

~Morgan Freeman
Siân
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I ask ALLLLL the questions
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Figuring it out

Unread post by Siân »

Hi idk anymore,

On your original question, it's not at all unusual for penises to have a curve to them, and it rarely interferes too much with intercourse if that's a concern for you. As you say, if someone is keen to be with you, they're keen to be with you. If it doesn't hurt, then it's probably nothing to worry about, though you can check in with your healthcare provider if you're concerned.

We have more in the "thrown a curve" section of this article, which also covers Peyronie's: Shown Actual Size: A Penis Shape & Size Lowdown

Also, in all our relationships it tends to pay to be generous with people's intentions, and try not to second guess too much. It tends to only make us - and the people we're interacting with - miserable when we start making assumptions. I'd be grateful if you tried practicing that with us here :)
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic