Why does my clit look this way

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
yellowflower
Awesomeness Quotient: Nothing
Primary language: English
Pronouns: They/Them
Sexual identity: I like guys

Why does my clit look this way

Unread post by yellowflower »

Hey ya’ll, getting straight to the point, my clit is just a hole?

Like when I pull back the skin hood, there’s like no “head” (idk is that what you call it? or protruding skin.

I’m pretty sure it’s my clit since it’s very sensitive. But I’m not sure if it’s normal and it’s just another variation of what clits look like...so yeah. Thank you

cool emojis btw 8-)
Heather
scarleteen founder & director
Awesomeness Quotient: I have been a sex educator for over 25 years!
Primary language: english
Pronouns: they/them
Sexual identity: queery-queer-queer

Re: Why does my clit look this way

Unread post by Heather »

The glans of the clitoris (the part you’re asking about) can range a lot in size. That’s normal. You know it’s there, because you’re feeling that sensitivity. There are some reasons the glans can be larger or smaller, but they’re generally about hormonal and genetic variations, rather than anything being the matter.

It also isn’t usually the same size when someone is sexually aroused. Like the penis, the glans and shaft of the clitoris have erectile tissue that fills with blood and usually makes it larger with arousal. Are you finding yours to be the same size in this state?
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead
yellowflower
Awesomeness Quotient: Nothing
Pronouns: They/Them
Sexual identity: I like guys

Unread post by yellowflower »

Well yeah. It looks the exact same when I’m touching myself and what not. I think it is as I said, that maybe it just looks that way.

Still not so sure...
Siân
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I ask ALLLLL the questions
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: Figuring it out

Unread post by Siân »

What makes you unsure? Is there something in particular that worries you?

When thinking about the clitoris growing in size when aroused it's not just the glans or "head" that fills with blood and swells, it's the whole internal structure too - you might notice that the whole of your vulva changes shape, texture and firmness - perhaps getting puffier or more swollen as you masturbate. That's when you'd expect your glans clitoris to be more noticeable too. How much this happens can relate to how turned on you are for how long (though the relationship isn't always clear-cut!).
Melamyl
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My face
Pronouns: She

Unread post by Melamyl »

Tried to see google if there's like what you're describing but hasn't found anything the same yet. But I think it's normal? Unless you feel something bad whenever you touch it.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic