Myth or truth?

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
popupshop
not a newbie
Pronouns: she/her

Myth or truth?

Unread post by popupshop »

One time my friend's moms were all talking about how their bodies changed after they had unprotected sex. One mom swore up and down she had straight hair and her husband had curly hair and once they started having sex her hair got curly. Then the other moms were nodding their heads and one said she started getting the same skin condition as her husband which isn't contagious as far as I know. And I've heard it as a rumor around there that you can get conditions or traits from your partner after they come in you.

I started having sex and recently unprotected, and I've started to get these bumps on my stomach and back, very unusual and not like me at all. I've had the fortune of having great skin. My sexual partner has random bumps frequently. We've both been tested for STDs and are negative, and we are exclusively having sex with each other only. So I can rule out any type of STD. Then I thought maybe he transferred his skin patterns to me through his semen. What do you guys think? I know maybe it's a dumb question but I have got to know if other people have experienced something similar.

It seems kinda crazy, but is this a myth or is there truth to this?
Mo
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I'm always wearing seriously fancy nail polish.
Primary language: English
Pronouns: he/him, they/them
Sexual identity: queer/bisexual

Re: Myth or truth?

Unread post by Mo »

These rumors of your hair or skin changing because of sex with a partner are not true, no. Sex with a partner just isn't able to change your body like that. If you're noticing bumps on your body that are new, it might be a good idea to check in with a doctor about them, but unless they're related to a sexually-transmitted infection of some kind (which it sounds like they are not, based on their location and the tests you've had) then they are unlikely to be related to the sex you're having with a partner.
Sex can't make your body change to take on a partner's attributes! Being close with someone can make it easier to catch anything contagious, whether it's something we think of as sexually transmitted or not, but sex doesn't make someone's body change in the way your friends' moms were describing.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic