Vaginal fluid dripage duration

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
Gladys
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My hair
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Vaginal fluid dripage duration

Unread post by Gladys »

I have a vagina, and after I masturbate I end up dripping fluid for the next 12 hours, at least. (Is this on the bell curve of normal?) Not a lot, and not a lot at once, and looking over your fluid guides it seems benign, but it's annoying. I also have mildly annoying vasocongenstion, I think, but it seems to last longer than your guides expect, so I suppose that at some point it might just be oversensitivity. However, it's not annoying enough that I can tell if it lasts as long as I leak fluids.

Anyway, my question is if I were to orgasm when I masturbate would I stop leaking, or at least stop leaking for so long? (Would all the fluid come out in one big rush, or would my body stop producing so much of it?) Would I leak for the next 12 hours if I had vaginal sex, with or without orgasming? What about other types of sex? Is this volume of fluid something that might go away as I age, or will it be like this forever?

Also, does this volume of fluid mean anything about my fertility?
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Re: Vaginal fluid dripage duration

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi Gladys,

If you're only noticing this much discharge after you masturbate and you're not reaching orgasm, it may be that some of this is because you're still aroused when you stop masturbating and so your body is still producing extra lubrication. However, having that last for twelve hours is a bit out of the ordinary. It's tricky to know what would or would not influence this discharge without knowing if there's an underlying cause. Have you ever spoken to an OB-GYN or other healthcare provider about it? If so, what did they say?
Gladys
not a newbie
Awesomeness Quotient: My hair
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Vaginal fluid dripage duration

Unread post by Gladys »

Huh, no I haven't brought it up with an OB-GYN; I assumed it was normal and I was just being squicked out about it. I'll keep that in mind for when I next see them.

Glad to hear you think all this fluid might be because I'm still aroused though.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic