I don’t feel sexual pleasure when I try to masturbate

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
nevergotthetalk
Awesomeness Quotient: I’m pretty strong!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: lesbian

I don’t feel sexual pleasure when I try to masturbate

Unread post by nevergotthetalk »

Every time I’ve tried to touch myself it doesn’t feel good at all. I’m wondering if it’s a problem with my body... every time I try to masturbate it feels uncomfortable. I rarely ever get turned. I only started feeling more sexual aroused after I started dating my girlfriend but even now it’s pretty rare that I ever feel that way. Whenever I do though I try to touch myself and I’m so focused on what I’m doing that it just feels uncomfortable and all of my sexual arousal is gone like 20 seconds after I try. I tried today and I could easily put my finger inside me but once I did I didn’t now what to do and it just felt like a tampon really. whenever I try and stimulate my clit it feels really bad. all of it sucks and doesn’t feel good. the only time I’ve felt ok was when I used a pillow and that was just kind of unsatisfying. I’m i just doing things wrong or is my pussy broken lol
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Re: I don’t feel sexual pleasure when I try to masturbate

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi nevergotthetalk,

Given how often we get questions like this, I promise you're not broken. And you're not doing anything wrong. When you try masturbating, do you only try it once you're mentally really turned on?
nevergotthetalk
Awesomeness Quotient: I’m pretty strong!
Primary language: English
Sexual identity: lesbian

Unread post by nevergotthetalk »

I’ve tried it when I’m not but most of the time I try when I’m turned on. it feels like when I’m turned on and then I try and touch myself the moods gone.
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Primary language: english
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Got it. Is there a certain set of thoughts or feelings that go along with that switch from turned on to not when you touch yourself? For instance, feelings about your own body, shame about masturbation in general, etc?
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic