bump in my vagina?

Questions and discussions about your bodies and their parts.
strawberryeyes
Primary language: english
Pronouns: she/her or they/them
Sexual identity: just a whole lotta questioning. i like girls :)

bump in my vagina?

Unread post by strawberryeyes »

i apologize if all of this is too graphic, this is my first time on this forum so im not sure what people usually discuss

anyways, yesterday i looked at myself.. down there for the first time!! everything seemed pretty normal until i noticed that there was a weird fleshy lump right at the top of the entrance of my vagina (but still inside it). i immediately panicked and basically spiralled for like 2 hours trying to search up what it could be, coming up with no results. the main thing is that it doesnt hurt when i touch it, surprisingly it feels kinda nice, and theres no secretion or anything. (so based on that im assuming its not a cyst.) it doesnt seem like it could be my hymen either since its pretty noticeable.

all in all, i have no clue what it is and im still worried about it. im too scared to ask my mom if i could go to the doctor about this and i dont even have a clue how i could confront her, so this is kind of my last ditch effort.

id be very grateful to anyone who replies :)
Alexa
previous staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: i make the world's best pancakes!
Primary language: English
Pronouns: she/her/ella
Sexual identity: queer, pansexual

Re: bump in my vagina?

Unread post by Alexa »

Hi strawberryeyes,

That bump isn't anything to worry about -- it sounds like you've found your clitoris! Our article Innies & Outies: The Vagina, Clitoris, Uterus, and More has a great introduction to the clit. Here's an excerpt:
Looking at the vestibule, between those inner labia from the top down (right below your mons), you'll first see the top of the inner labia, which create a little skin fold called the clitoral hood. That hood connects to the glans, which is the tip -- and only the tip -- of the clitoris (klit-or-iss). If you pull up the hood with your fingers, you can get a closer look.

The clitoris -- which in full, internal and external, is nearly of the same size as the penis -- is usually the most sensitive spot on, and involved in the most sensitive areas of, the vulva. It's got twice the number of sensory nerve endings the penis does, and it also interacts with over 15,000 nerve endings throughout the whole pelvic area. It is created of the same sort of erectile tissue that the head of a penis has. Before we all were born, until about the sixth week of our lives as an embryo, our sexual organs were slightly developed, but completely the same no matter our sex or gender.

If you feel the clitoris with your fingers, you'll probably feel a tingle or a tickle. Rubbing it a bit, you can feel a hardish portion that is the shaft of the clitoris. The clitoris (sometimes called the "clit" or the "spot") is the primary source of most genital sensation. When you masturbate, it is what you will most likely (but not always) touch and manipulate to pleasure yourself. The clitoris is, in fact, the only organ on the entire body that is solely for sexual arousal, and is attached to ligaments, muscles and veins that become filled with blood during arousal (when you get sexually excited) and contract during orgasm. The clitoris is what most like to have stimulated in some way during oral or digital (with hands and fingers) sex, during masturbation, and during intercourse, and not just the tip or shaft. The clitoris is internal as well as external -- and the whole thing is a lot bigger than it looks from the outside -- with legs, called crura, that are within the outer labia, as well as the clitoral (or vestibular) bulbs, which surround part of the lower portion of the vaginal canal.
Does that help?
Alexa K.
Scarleteen Team
strawberryeyes
Pronouns: she/her or they/them
Sexual identity: just a whole lotta questioning. i like girls :)

Unread post by strawberryeyes »

thank you for the response but i know for sure its not my clit!! thats a little more far up and ive definitely felt it before. this bump isnt between my labia but inside my vagina hole if that makes sense?? aaa sorry
Sam W
scarleteen staff/volunteer
Awesomeness Quotient: I raise carnivorous plants
Pronouns: she/her
Sexual identity: queer

Unread post by Sam W »

Hi strawberryeyes,

This is one of those things where we can't say for certain what you're seeing, since that's the kind of thing where an OB-GYN is going to have an easier time helping you figure out what it is because they can actually examine it. That being said, if it's not causing you pain and there's no discharge or other symptoms, getting it identified may not be that urgent.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic